Big Shout Out From E. Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Parallel38Airsoft, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    Figured i'd make my into before checking out the rest of the forums! I'm Gunny, 16 year veteran of the USMC. Formed a MilSim team in 2009 called Parallel 38. We are based out of East Tennessee around the Knoxville area, but typically travel to different states for events such as Lions Claw. Our team is currently over members strong, most with former US Armed Forces backgrounds.

2. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    East tn airsoft is booming!!! I'm in west Knox. Hit me up about playing sometime

3. Parallel38Airsoft

Knoxville
    Yep, lots of exciting things going on in our end of TN! Our home field had an OP this past Saturday with over 130 players.

4. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Welcome Parallel38! Hope you enjoy your stay here at Airsoft Society!

5. Zombie_Reaper

Zombie_Reaper New Member

East TN
    Welcome P38. I am up north of you by about 2 hrs in northeast Tn around Johnson City.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Hello, welcome to the boards.

Please make sure you read the rules.

Enjoy your stay!

7. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Hey, P83, thank you for your service, and welcome to the boards! Tell us a little more about yourself! How old are you, what replicas do you own? (I usually have more questions than this, but you answered several of them in your OP. Haha.

8. Parallel38Airsoft

Knoxville
    I am 40 years old! Been in airsoft for a little over five years. I currently run with a Socom Gear (VFC) Larry Vickers Edition M4 that I had to "dumb down" because it was shooting 430fps out of the box (too hot for Irene and our field). I use a KWA SR-10 for my back up, a G&G UMG for CQB, and a pair of KWA ATP's for side arms.

9. Fyzix

Garland
    Beautiful collection. How are the ATPs holding up? Are they Gen 1 or Gen 2? My friend has had a ton of issues with the Gen 1.

10. Parallel38Airsoft

Knoxville
    I had tons of issues with the first Gen 1 too. Slide locking, gas expelling out the barrel. All I did was field strip it, debur and polish the trigger bar and it has worked ever since. The secon ATP is a Gen 2 and I haven't had problems with it.

11. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Sorry for this question, but what is an ATP? I've never heard of it. Obviously its a pistol of some sort?

12. Fyzix

Garland
    Was the slide super easy to push back? My friend could litterally push it back with his pinkie.

13. Parallel38Airsoft

Knoxville
    The KWA ATP is a gas blow back pistol modeled after the Glock pistols. It feels like a Glock in your hand, slighly resembles a Glock, and actually fits in most Glock holsters.

14. Parallel38Airsoft

Knoxville
    Yeah the slide does go back pretty easy, but it has not affected the accuracy or velocity.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  15. soviet

soviet New Member

Hey welcome. Im in cookeville. Might_mouse host a field (not MilSim) www.resurrectionairsoft.webs.com

:)