Bipods

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by THE_ELIMANATOR, Sep 20, 2012.

1. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Are the bipods that spring out of vertical grips any good or should i just go with a traditional bipod?

Attached Files:

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    They are good, but have to be taken care of or they may snap. Great for limited rail space.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Eh I had one and can't say much about the real things but the reproduction one I had sucked. Impossible to spring out and in, and eventually the spring that caused it to go out gave up and you would have to pull it out.

4. SFC_Andy

SFC_Andy Member

Newnan
    We hated them (issued for Afghanistan). Too big/heavy. Several broke when deployed. Best thing about them....great for keeping rifle off the ground when on the FOB. They also are not adjustable for height.

5. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    So, to summarize what he said, don't get it. Just buy a standard grip, and place it behind the bipod. Heavier, yes, but also more reliable. I've heard that only the real steel Grip Pods work well, and that all airsoft companies make bad reproductions.

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well the airsoft replica ones are bad, but the RS ones are good if you can find one for a good price. Try going to gun shows and look if you really want one or just put a grip behind a bipod and call it good.

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    I see them sell for around $65.

8. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Sometimes on ebay they'll go for considerably less.

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    But the problem on eBay is that you never know 100% if there the RS version or not. But then again the Internet doesn't lie.

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Agreed. You'll have to find a reputable dealer, or look locally on Craigslist. Some popped up in Reno about 4 months back, and they were $65, so that's what I base my calculations on. You also want to look for the packaging. Real steels come in clear plastic cover, with a white sticker that has an NSN number on it.

11. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Bookoo. Go to Pendleton, Lejeune, or Benning.

12. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Ok thank you all for that info on the vertical grip bipods