Black Ops airsoft guns

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by CheckpointLima141, Aug 30, 2015.

1. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    What do you guys think about the new line of Black Ops weaponry like their AEGs and CO2 powered handguns? No need to sugar coat it either.

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They're not very good.
    CO2 Pistols: they're iffy. Horrible efficiency and accuracy isn't very good. They aren't awful horrible, but there are much better options on the market.

AEGs: they stink I'll just leave it at that....
    They've got a hybrid gearbox, with a plastic shell and metal gearing, similar to an lpeg with a little bit of upgrades. They're cheap, and aren't worth using unless you have an older model. Older models had full metal v2 and were great for the price

3. I_Am_Coopa

I_Am_Coopa New Member Supporting Member

Escanaba
    Believe it or not, one my teammates had one of their co2 pistols for about two years. He must've got lucky, it actually worked fairly decent. Of course, once that luck ran out, it just stopped working.

Anything other than a reputable airsoft brand is crap, pure and simple. Unless the company gets bought out, restructured, or a switches to a new strategy... Nothing will change.

4. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I can attest to the older models of black ops... That was my first AEG, more solid externally and internally than a CYMA for $75... Not sure how you tell what's old and what's new, but if you get lucky, their AEGs are pretty nice.

5. ma_airsoft

Old: metal gb shell
    New: plastic gb shell

6. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Ok
    I picked up an m16 at a flea market for $70 bucks brand new otb
    And I got a co2 revolver at dicks just for shooting for fun

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    BlackOps is a rebrander... Some are adequate some are crap. It just depends on which specific model you're referring to.
    The revolver will likely be crap, the AR, well it depends on the model. I BELIEVE you're referring to the Viper M4 model. If so, it's a decent starter gun. I wouldn't attempt to upgrade or push it too hard though. If I had to compare it to something more well known, I'd say it's comparable to a Lancer Tactical gun. Now LT's retail around $100-$130 and perform like a $80 gun.
    For LT it's bad because of the price to performance ratio. But for the Viper, it's right in line in regards to what you'd expect from a $70 gun.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/black-ops-viper-m4-71831/
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/black-ops-m4-gear-box-opening-60525/
    HTTP://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f38/black-ops-ignite-airsoft-57924
    http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f6/black-ops-m4-viper-66992/

8. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Years ago I had the CO2 Black Ops 1911. The only problem I ever had with it was the spring that surrounded the barrel would get jammed between the bushing and the outer barrel, seizing the whole thing up. I never could understand why they (Black Ops/Bear River Int'l) thought a second recoil spring was necessary.

9. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I meant without buying and opening it... -_-

10. ma_airsoft

in that case that wasn't much of a help

@theonlybuster, your links are from 2012 and 2013, using the older models of the gun. Since then they have changed their ways, and unfortunately downgraded their product.
    This is the older model of the gun: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVjXPlBj-w[/ame]
    This is the new model of the gun: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN_6XHWVxo[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  11. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    The unrailed version is what it was
    So far the revolver is good

12. davidb1986

davidb1986 New Member

I have a Black Ops wolverine CO2 pistol. It's decent for the money. It'll be replaced with APS ACP in October. The Wolverine is decently accurate, and you can get up to 300 rds per co2 cylinder. My complaint is the mags are $20 plus $15 shipping for extra mags. So $35 for a mag for a gun I payed $35 for. Not happening. I bought it since it was cheap a year ago after getting back into Airsoft.

13. RHINO_01

RHINO_01 New Member

Florence
    I've done written and video reviews on the M4 Viper, as it was my first Airsoft gun.

The versions with fourteen inch barrels have the metal gearbox. The newer guns with the twelve inch barrels and RIS have plastic gearboxes.

I can tell you that despite the claims of others, my gun ran flawlessly.

I put ten thousand rounds through it in one month, and never had a jam , misfeed, or FTF. The gun would shoot at 390-400fps, and It had decent range out of it as well.

I used it as my primary gun for training other players with as well.

My favorite part of the gun was the ebb. For $107.00 with tax you can't beat it as an entry level gun, back up, or just to have around the house and have fun with it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales

That's how it is with me
    I painted mine and shortly after sold it to my friend (for a really cheap price since he knew what I paid for it) and gave him all be stuff do it Bc he was using little pea shooters (crosman) to have wars with and I felt he could use it since my collection was growing substantially

15. logan3534

logan3534 New Member

My friend bought a black ops m4 and he tripped in a game and the barrel broke. I offered to fix the gun for him. When I opened it up I was shocked this gun was really bad quality the outer barrel was plastic and the inner barrel was so weak it actually bent when he fell. Also the gun it's self was all plastic but the gear box and he said the spent $200 on the gun. In my opinion I would never buy there m4's.

16. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales

At least their guns are decent for beginners and better than the crosman rifles (and their offbrand friends like game force)

17. logan3534

logan3534 New Member

True but they are overpriced for what you get.

18. davidb1986

davidb1986 New Member

For the AEG yes but my Black Ops Wolverine pistol was $35. I definitely think it's worth that. It has been pretty reliable.

19. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Agreed for both of you
    I just got the revolver (granted its $60) but it's worth it considering I have 50+ co2 cartridges