Black Ops M4 gear box opening

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Hartman96, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    There has been some talk of these new Black Ops guns so I decided to buy one and open it up. The gear box is much better than what you would think of a 99$ gun. The gears where metal (was expecting plastic). The gear box was shimmed ( In the worst possilbe way ) by the factory. It definately has to be degreased. I have included pictures of the gear box, wiring, barrel and hopup, motor (both sides are blank), and piston. If better pictures or close ups are needed please say so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Fixed the pictures and text.

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Like the color scheme:) it looks decent. How is the motor strength?

4. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    How would you determine motor strength? Also it was easier to take apart than most gearboxes I have taken apart.

5. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    See how many pounds the magnets can hold.

6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    What's the ID on the barrel? Linear spring, plastic spring guide, ew. I'm impressed by the metal bushing though.

It doesn't look half bad for $99, as long as its longevity remains decent this could be one of the go to $100 AEG, being available at WalMart can help get newer players start airsofting a bit easier (for better/worst). The color scheme is cool, I'm a sucker for that. Also how's the compression?

What are the externals like? I remember the Lancer Tactical stuff, looked good, the gearbox was decent, good for its price, but the externals were on the WELL LPEG level.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    That gearbox looks like its made by APS. Is the ARL proprietary? The APS has a tiny spring on the back surface of it.

8. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I was thinking APS as well, looked very similar to the Javelin I opened up (APS is related to Javelin in some way).

9. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    I think javelin rebrands APS.

10. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Ill post pictures of externals here in a little bit, I'd put them on par with JG though. I am unsure of the barrel ID (don't own a caleper). Compression is good but as always could be better.

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Sorry for the double post...

I am unsure what you are talking about.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Funny. It is a blowback.

13. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    Is it exactly like a normal AR latch? Or is it unique to the gun?

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I thought APS when I saw the selector plate. Plus the colors reminded me of it.

15. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Latch? Im not a big AR guy your going to have to elaborate, sorry. If its the charging lever yes, most everything is like a real AR.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

How are the externals?

17. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    As posted earlier, I would put them on par with JG, I'll try and post pictures tomarrow.

18. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    One thing confuses me. Why is the anti-reversal latch on the top side of the bevel gear? Also is this gun an ebb? The wiring looks good though for a $99 gun.

19. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    When I took it apart it did that, it goes in the same place as usual lol (it confused me too when I went to put it back together). It is EBB very neat my first EBB. And yes I am very impressed with the wiring, it is better then my CYMA032, AGM scar, and old JG M4.

20. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Like phillie said how are the externals?