Bolt action l96

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by gibbyairsoft97, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gibbyairsoft97

gibbyairsoft97 New Member

My l96 is shooting around 450 fps and I can find a scope and a bipod and I was wondering were I should order one for one that's worth my money also I was looking for a assault weapon any ideas please tell me I'm just stuck on wat I want

2. JTFox

JTFox New Member

I usually order from evike. They have a 20% off coupon this month. (BIGGEREVIKE) Or I order from airsoftatlanta cause theyre close to me.

Also it wouldnt be a bad idea to upgrade your l96 for more accuracy and range rather than buy a new gun. Thats just my opinion.

Assault weapons? I have a JG G36 and its treated me well for the most part. Id personally buy a higher end brand for an aeg unless your planning on upgrading it straight from the get go.

3. gibbyairsoft97

Anybody have a gun like this any snipers post what it is and what u run with it

4. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

First off, I personally don't have a L96. But, my friend has one. He uses .2s for a combination of accuracy and speed. But, for a scope, he just uses a old hunting scope...

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You should tell your friend that using .20's in a airsoft sniper rifle is ridiculous. First off it won't be accurate at all, if he thinks its accurate with .20's he hasn't used quality gun before. Tell him to use either .28's or higher. He will be blown away by what happens next.

6. gibbyairsoft97

That's what I use and they work perfectly for me so what are you trying to say

7. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    .2s are NOT accurate at all for sniper rifles. That's what he's trying to say.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    A sniper rifle is supposed to be accurate and good at long distance (at least an upgraded one). With .20 gram bb's your throwing that all away. A heavier bb will travel farther and be more accurate then a .20 and this is a proven fact. Especially if your gun is shooting hard. Use .28's and higher trust me you will see a major improvment. And make sure you set your hopup properly with heavy bb's.

Edit: thanks jelly, that in short is what I'm trying to say.

9. gibbyairsoft97

I know that but I use .20 with my upgraded l96 and they work perfectly they shoot far hard and accuarate yes I've used .25 and.28 but I mean they work fine

10. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Just wondering, where do you play? Oh, and .2s will not shoot as accurate as .28s

11. gibbyairsoft97

I play in Florida and I KNOW THAT. But I'm saying that .20 works fine for my upgraded l96 sniper rifle that work awesomely and yeah I know

12. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    "Upgraded L96 Sniper Rifle"
    "Uses .2s"

You must have gotten the ASGI "upgraded" L96.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Also what kind of upgrades did you put in the gun? Good quality ones or your basic tune up kit for like $30? Did you tune your hopup properly with heavier bb's? Because if you did it properly you wouldn't say that about .2's anymore.

14. gibbyairsoft97

No I got my l96 and then I upgraded with a purple ball bucking and a lot of other stuff

15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    and I wouldn't even think of using anything lighter than .25s in my AEG that shoots 360...

and what the heck is "Purple ball bucking"?

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Nine ball? Oh well if you want to use .20's go for it. Just trying to help you realize that you could be more accurate if you use heavier bb's

17. gibbyairsoft97

Sorry that's what I meant and like I said I use heavier bbs but I usually use .20

18. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

This. I use .25s in a gun that shoots 350fps.
    Anything lighter than .28s in a sniper rifle is pretty dumb if you ask me.

19. gibbyairsoft97

Here are all my upgrades 6.01 inner barrel ,ll z-trigger , polar star cylinder head , 90 deg piston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.