Bolt action owners read this

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Ranger, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Hey guys, I just wanted to mention my recent partnership with a buddy of mine. He has FULL access to a machine shop. Were going to start making pistons for the M28! Along with other rifles including Vsr style, Agm l96 etc... Were working on a new design and hoping it will be better than what he have available on the market! But for now its in the air on if the design will be better, I will have my prototype M28 piston an a few days. Will be made of aluminum and working on a good solid design! Also, were looking at making some strong reinforced piston sears that will hold up to some abuse! Lol..

Custom bolt handles are also on our minds.. I want to test my M28 with the prototype piston for a little while before I say much more.

If your an M28 owner and blew a piston, your about to have a good day, cause they are going to nice, solid and well priced! Stay tuned as I will post all the details when I can.

Thank you for reading.. and dust off your M28's!

2. AirsoftSniper40

AirsoftSniper40 New Member

What kind of personalized bolt handles can be made?

3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    That I am not 100% sure of yet. I am hoping to make the handles on the Vsr/Bar so they wont have to be up as high and have a few different designs on the handle itself. Something like Skulls, etc... Kinda like what you'd see at an autoparts store for the aftermarket doorlock knobs. I cant wait to show off my outer barrel design! I cant say anything much about this barrel but I am certain people will have to take a double look! lol.. I am also going to see about metal trigger guards. With designs!

To start off we will be doing the pistons and smaller items till we figure out if its going to be worth the trouble.

4. Robert Glore

Robert Glore New Member

Mableton
    Im definitely interested in being part of the test team. I will more than happy to beta test and give data. Let me know if I can be of help.

5. Southpaw Sniper

Southpaw Sniper Member

Sounds like a great idea! my M28 has become a wall hanger and I moved onto a JG Bar-10 Gspec (obviously upgraded). I never really had issues with the piston in the M28 but I did have the cylinder snap 2x's where the bolt handle connects (see attached pic). The rear of the cylinder where the handle goes should have pins but instead it's crimped on which makes no sense. I hope in your process to improve the M28 you would consider the cylinder too. Best of luck! cyl..jpg

6. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    beta testing a 6 year old thread! uyyyyy lol. but good points when looking for snipers or basrs.

bar10 has a proven track record. pinned cylinder with nozzle capable of 650fps.

has an ultra light stock, but the hopup definitely needs work. also the trigger can only sustain 500fps.

aa hopup chamber, steel 45deg trigger and an m150 youre golden

Southpaw Sniper and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  7. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    90° trigger would be better, and an ML bucking.

Southpaw Sniper likes this.
  8. Southpaw Sniper

Southpaw Sniper Member

I agree with BOA_SP3CT3R. 90 degree trigger and cylinder setup with a ML bucking is the best option.

9. adas1223

stratford
    90degree sear for an m150 setup? you'd lose the feel of a 45degree sear for such low power. i mean novritsch kits sport 60degree sears, not even 90. and your out $80+

... and the stock bar10 has an adjustable trigger youd be able to recycle.. what am i missing?

10. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    The smooth bolt push alone is worth the 90* trigger.

I believe maple leaf has a drop in conversion to 90* that utilizes the existing bar10 45* triggerbox

11. adas1223

stratford
    bolt pull is a bolt pull. it's the trigger pull that's effected by sear angle. which unfortunately effects the torque on the piston when cocked. i guess it depends on your budget

ill have to check out that 90 deg kit

12. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

The pull on both is the same. If your spring guide isn’t holding the piston tightly to counteract the upward push from the 45* seer, the push back into battery can be hard with heavier springs.

There was talk about it on airsoftsniperforum... guys there “think” it should work with a stock vsr/bar trigger.

BOA_SP3CT3R and adas1223 like this.
  13. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    And that's the part of the EdGI kit that's not advised, for the very reason that it's not 90°. I'd go with Springer sears personally.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  14. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Yeah, and just because Novritsch uses something doesn't mean it's the best...
    The Springer Custom triggers are very good, I haven't read anything bad about them on ASF.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  15. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Yup. Admittedly the rest of that kit is pretty high quality.. it's just marked up a bit much

16. adas1223

stratford
    I'm trying not to spend over $150 on this Sniper using as much stock parts as possible. I'll let you know how the m150 and 45 sear works out when the mileage adds up.

17. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Just make sure your spring guide is a “snug” fit at the tail end of the piston with it cocked. It will help prevent the piston from being pushed upwards into the cylinder.

My springer is a javelin m24. Aps2 based. I paid $99/cdn for it ($75usd present rate) and once I’m done tuning it, I’ll have put about $100’ish (usd) into it parts wise (m150 & m170 springs, steel cylinder set w/piston, aps2 hopup, 3x snow wolf mags), and lots more in labour (fitting pdi clone aps2 hopup unit, making single hopup arm for clone unit, tdc adjuster, custom internally extended ~6” threaded muzzle piece to support short inner barrel)

-Spitfire-, adas1223 and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.