Boots??

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Siege_, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Siege_

Siege_ Member

Selkirk
    I need good boots for winter and summer that I won’t twist my ankle in all the time (I twist my ankle like 3-6 times a day)

Topshotz357 likes this.
  2. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    I'd suggest learning how to walk first if you twist your ankle that many times a day . I use Original SWATs. I've had the same pair for 4 years and never had issues.

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I have weak ankles and twist and roll my ankles a lot too. I use military issue boots (wellco if i remember correctly) and as long as I strap them on nice and tight, I have no issues. The only ones that seem to let me twist my ankle at all is the hot weather versions. The standard and cold weather versions offer plenty of support. Just to mention, they take a bit longer than most boots to break in but when they do get broken in they are good boots.

And the comment saying "learn how to walk" is a kind of a low blow. If he is like me (born with weak ankles, broke one of my ankles on the job, and also had an idiot coworker drop a large slab of concrete from a bob cat onto my foot while on the job) then walking isn't the issue, some people have actual issues that cause us to be prone to twist an ankle.

4. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Active Member

Drexelhill
    I bought Solomon boots 4d something they are called they are very good

5. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    Good pair of Merrell Moab 2's for me. Nice cushy soles, waterproof, really comfortable for all day gameplay. But I don't have weak ankles, so they might not be the best option, as they're more of a hightop than a boot.

[​IMG]

Topshotz357 likes this.
  6. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    They look nice

7. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
  8. omegaic

omegaic Member Supporting Member

Check out the 5.11 ATAC boot. I have been using this model as my daily driver for a long time. I used to use a Bates lightweight, but was tearing through a pair every 6-8 months because of my job. The 5.11s I tend to get 12-16 months out of as long as I polish them every few months. If you are going to be using them daily, they also come with a side-zip for easy don/doff. You can lace them up snugly to support your ankles, and still be able to slip them on and off without messing with the laces thanks to that zip.

The main drawback I have with these boots is that they are not particularly warm, but I tend to wear heavier boot socks with them in the winter anyhow. Also, they are not entirely waterproof, as the zipper tends to seep when you get to water deep enough.

Finally, if you are going to be wearing a boot daily, I have found it is better to get two pairs and alternate them daily. Your boots will last twice as long, and it is nice when you can put on a dry, fresh pair of boots in the morning.

Here's an Amazon link to the boots I use, but you may be able to find them elsewhere for less: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040W6H56

Wh33ler and 16harrij like this.
  9. Siege_

Siege_ Member

Selkirk
    Yeah I roll my ankle a lot cause of an accident I had it’s always my left foot so that comment was pretty douchey

Topshotz357 and Zaryk like this.
  10. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    I'd almost be willing to bet you could use a good silicone grease on the outside of the zipper to help with waterproofing if you know conditions will call for that. I could be wrong but it's worth a shot.