Born Again Airsofter

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Dragan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Well first of all Merry Christmas to all.

I am making a comeback to airsoft. My last time I stepped on the field all geared up was back in '05(ASH Hawaii). Since that time I've enlisted and now stationed near St. Louis. Trying to get back in the game.

Airsoft has evolved sooooo much since. TM was the shiznet and Lonex just did parts. We had no dedicated field only CQB arenas. Now there's full blown Milsim! :eek:

:confused:I'm looking for a good m4 system. My local pb shop has g&g raider and ARES M4A1. I leaning twards ARES but heard not to good of reviews of late. But then on the magical infomation hwy called google and credit to airsoft society and airsoft mechanics, I am headed in the direction to this :D http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=310. What do you think? good investment to get back in?

Also, i need a sidearm... every one needs a sidearm. I sold :( my TM MK23 SOCOM at the time of need of money to support my family along with my M4 and loadout. So in replace of an lost of beloved sidearm i'm looking into this http://kwausa.com/products/gbb/hk-mk23-ussocom/. Again, input please.

I won't be investing for another couple of months. I have the money but don't at the same time, I have some other family investment to deal with first. Also, :D TAX RETURNS will be around that time!

No need for Negative Nancy's or Debbie Downers, everyone has there own oppinion, there will always be "this is better than that" debate, and i don't need to thumb throw that crap when it's not relevant.

Thanks for your time, much is appreciated.

Also I want to thank SilentVectorX for the Lonex review and youtube video.

2. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    It would be very helpful to get price ranges for what you want? If you plan to upgrade or leave it stock? What do you want in a system? Do you want reliability or performance? There is a plethora of answers to what you asked, to help you, you must first restrict the answer possibilities.

3. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Mybad, didn't mean to leave that part out.

I'm looking at a price range of $200-300 with some wiggle room for the M4. And about $200 for a side.

I old school, so I'll run stock for 6 month to a year. Break in the M4 and decide on internal upgrades. As for the side I'll run stock for the most part.

Not too worried about external accessories at this time.

Hope this helps.

4. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Lonex AEG but it was just released so there may be some unknown problems with it.

KWA makes good GBB's (but stay away from their AEG's) but I have no experience with that specific gun.

Welcome to the forum, Dragan!

5. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    Welcome to the forum!! And for the guy above me pretty much any kwa gas is going to be great out of the box.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Honestly, if you've got $200 for a sidearm, pick up a TM handgun of some sort.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. Dragan

Dragan New Member

A TM hmm... Well I want a MK23 style. I know it's hard to get a TM mk23 now days. Is $200 too much for a side?

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Oh no, not at all. I'm spending $300 on my sidearm. I suggest getting the KSC MK23 if you want a mk23 as the trademarks are actually correct.

9. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong. But back in the day, wasn't KSC and KWA the same people? Regardless what's difference between KSC and KWA MK23, aside trademarks if there is any? Thanks

BTW what side are you looking at?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    They come from the same factory (I think?), but KSC seems to be better than KWA most times. I dunno what it is. I'm looking at a TM P226R with a Guarder Navy MBK.

11. Dragan

Dragan New Member

how does the USP fair to MK23. I know if real world USP replaced MK23, but how has the quality USP and why?

I personally like the feel of spec-op type sides. Not your typical milspec hand guns nor your standard civilian "PP" shooter either.

P266... correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that what the SEALs carry?

12. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Just did a search of the TM P226R and WOW! I don't remember a P226 looking like this... kinda sexy in a way. But what are you spending $300 on the TM? Prices are around $150? I like the full metal kit on it. The kit wouldn't change the integrity of the internals would it?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm buying a p226 used, buying the MBK($150), and buying a spare mag. That gets me up to $300.

14. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    I've got a KJW p226 and yes seals use them.

15. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Thanks for your information you have given me. I am waithing for Clandenstine new inventoey of Lonex to order my M4. I do have another question for a friend that is going to start playing soon. He is really into the SCAR L/H. In airsoft is there any difference between the SCARs and HK416/17? He has a $2-300 budget. What would be a good starter investment for him? If there is an updated thread out here please send me a link. I'm at work and don't have the appropriate time to read and search all the forums at this moment. Any help please, Thanks.

16. soviet

soviet New Member

HK are more M4 styled. VFC I think makes a good SCAR. I would go with this. http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-VFC-SCAR-T-H.htm

Those I've heard are good compared the dboys.

17. Dragan

Dragan New Member

thanks for the link soviet. Is there any other differences between FN and HK?

18. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    They'll use different mags (Mk17 and '417) and the internal setup will be slightly different about the selector assembly. The 417 comes in around 400 fps I believe, the mk17 more around 370 or so. The 417 is newer, less seen. This means it will be much harder to find mags for but the upside is that it will have higher resale value and will stand out a lot more.