Broken forever? Probably not!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by AirsoftShawn4, Nov 20, 2012.

1. AirsoftShawn4

AirsoftShawn4 New Member

Lansing / Webberville / South Lyon
    This is to all of the new players... I've noticed that almost all new players buy the cheaper "starter" guns like JG, DBoys, AGM, CYMA, ect. (Which is not a bad thing) but when the guns break down or stop working after a while, they think the gun is completely broken so they are turned off to the sport because they think they just wasted a bunch of money on a gun that is "broken forever". So everybody should know, that any part that breaks IS REPLACEABLE. For example: your piston strips, ok, pistons cost around ten dollars and installation is free if you look up some tutorial videos on YouTube and do it yourself. But that's not just with pistons, (that was just an example) but it's the same with just about ANY and ALL gun parts. So don't waste over a hundred dollars on a gun and throw it out when something happens to it. Just replace the broken part(s). It will save you a lot of money.

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

Well any part isn't correct, I would say it's next to impossible to find parts for lpegs.

3. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Uhhhh... I'm pretty sure we ALL knew this.

Attached Files:

4. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    I've had a couple of friends that quit because there guns broke and Im sure it was a pretty easy fix but they didnt want to put any money into a broken gun.

5. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    My echo 1 ak74 is broken :/

It's at the shop getting fixed for 25$!! Plus parts but I'm pretty sure it's just a stripped gear.

I get flustered if I work on it my self so other than cleaning it I leave it to the professionals.

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California

My first argument, taken from my mouth. Most new players don't buy $100 MPEGS. instead they buy cheap LPEGS. Now, LPEGS, unless you have a 3D Printer, and can design and digitally reproduce the part, have parts that are irreplaceable. Just look at the DE plastic gearbox guns.

My second argument. Even if they didn't know that, after 10 min. Of looking on this forum, they would.

This is the main problem. Most people don't want to deal with fixing things. They are lazy.

7. AirsoftShawn4

AirsoftShawn4 New Member

Lansing / Webberville / South Lyon
    Yeah I know that, but the only lpegs that the company's that I stated make are they're aep's like the JG scorpion, or the cyma aep glock, but I was mainly talking about they're "high grade" and "clone" aegs with metal gearboxes.

Very good. Even if you don't do the work yourself, you're still saving some money and fixing your gun. Win win.

I definitely agree about the LPEGS but I was mainly talking about just cheaper AEGs like JG and brands like that. I know a lot of people that have bought a JG or something and it broke and they didn't know that it was fixable. And also true about the lazy people... But even if they took the gun to a repair shop they'd still be saving a bit of money..

Well the fact is, not a lot of new players know this, and this post was made to target new players, to inform them, not the people that already know this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  8. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    As thestig said, anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would figure that out within 10 minutes of being on this forum. I'm wholly surprised that this thread hasn't been locked. Most new players who don't know this is because they don't dedicate the time/effort into figuring it out or searching the forum. And those are the type of players that even when they figure it out sure as hell won't put the time/effort/aggravation into working on their guns. I just don't see a point to this thread at all, but whatever, I'm not going to flame, I'm just going to let it be.