Broken ger

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by dylan484, Oct 16, 2012.

1. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Broken gear

I shredded a gear in my echo1 stag m4, surprised it lasted as long as it did with an 11.1v lipo. So I guess I'm in the market for some new gears or gear at least. Can anyone recommend some strong brands for a higher rpm

image-725716931.jpg

Should I just replace that gear or get a whole new set?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    SHS with gen 1 bevel, lonex or some jg stock if you have them laying around.

3. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I actually do have some stock jg gears, they're pretty good?

I can order some 16:1 shs gears, should I do that with a stock motor?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    It's usually best not to go to higher speed gears on a stock motor, but since you're using an 11.1 it would probably increase RPS. JG gears are fantastic from what I've heard... Never had a JG myself so I can't give you anything from experience.

5. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Keep standard ratio(18:1) gears and use a SHS, Lonex, Amp or JG Blue High Torque. It is a very efficient set up and will give you godlike trigger response and around 23-25 rps on a 7.4 20c LiPo.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I highly doubt the Jg Blue will achieve over 20rps with a 7,4v li-po with standard gears, it's one of the slowest motors on the market as far as i know. A Lonex A2 will do right under 20rps with a 2 cell li-po pulling an M120 on standard gears, the A1 will be slightly faster. The ROF will obviosuly be slightly higher with an M110.

As for the gears, I agree with the brands recommended above. If you have a set of JG gears, just use them, JG gears are very durable.

7. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I'll swap the jg gears for now, they aren't really spare, they are in my other gun so that's why I still want to buy a new set of gears.

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just get a set of JG gears. You can get them as cheap as $10 shipping, and they will last for many years in a moderate setup.