Broken Hi-cap help

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by likeaboz2002, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    So I was playing today and I guess i wound my mag too hard and it broke. It is my only mag, and I would like to fix it without purchasing a new one. I have the exact same problem as this guy does

around the 1:50 mark. Does anyone have experience with this type of mag failure, and if so, is there an easy way to bend the metal coiling back around the center piece? Cause I'm having a hell of a time trying to do it.

Also, is there anywhere I could order a new one?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I have seen those for sale before. It was a long time ago and I really cannot remember who sold them. I do remember that part costing the same as a new mag costs though.

In all honesty, you are much better off buying a new magazine. High cap magazines break easily, that is the nature of the beast when your dealing with a wind up spring. That spring is thin, fairly weak, and takes a lot of wear in a short amount of time. If you only have one mag in your load out, and it is a hi cap magazine, expect to have to replace it from time to time. They are naturally going to give out, especially if you are using it heavily. Also, replacing one of those springs was one of the worst experiences I have had in airsoft. I had a proprietary mag that could not be found for sale anywhere at the time so I was kind of forced into replacing one, and it was a major pain to get it together. Took hours and hours of hair pulling, tooth grinding rage to finally get it together to where it would work right. Not worth it if you ask me.

If you are going to go with a single high cap mag, I would suggest a Lonex brand flash mag. It has stronger internals than most other high caps, and it winds much faster as well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018

3. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    I have a sig :(, and yeah, I will probably have to replace the mag