Bucking for Bar 10

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by johnjames, Oct 22, 2012.

1. johnjames

johnjames New Member

I am stuck on what bucking to get.

1. Nineball Purple Wide-Use
    2. Firefly Hard
    3. PDI W Hold (Will this be able to handle an m170?)

My bar 10 can shoot 250 feet with the stock barrel and teflon bucking mod using an m170 and .4g. I want a 300 ft effective range. I have not gotten a tightbore yet, but I will. I only want to ask which bucking is best for a flat type adjustment lever and the components I listed above.

I know about R hops and flat hops. I just want to know which of the following I listed above will best help achieve the 300 ft goal with respect to my circumstances. Also, if the answer happens to be PDI W Hold, I want to know how long that'll last before being worn by the M170.

Thanks.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    All are good buckings, but I hear more good things about nineball compared to the other two. Firefly would probably be second best, lots of people really like those buckings too.

Unfortunately I have no experience with any of the above options (mostly because I prefer to upgrade to hopup chambers that let you use AEG buckling) but through my research it seems nineball and firefly are your top contenders.

3. johnjames

johnjames New Member

PDI's VSR 10 bucking is surprisingly only $7.73, found on the springlock.us website. The problem is that despite researching, I have found no legitimate information, no cons and no pros, not even whether it's hard or soft. Nineball and Firefly can only be found on ehobby in HK and shipping costs more than the Nineball bucking itself ($19 I believe). For this reason, I want to confirm the option is best before ordering anything.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  5. johnjames

johnjames New Member

This is the one I found:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball-air-seal-hopup-chamber-for-marui-gbb-and-vsr-rifle.html

The bucking itself costs $17.50 and shipping is $19(!).

I am quite interested in the PDI W Hold since it's PDI and miraculously cheap, but perhaps going safe with the Nineball is best for now unless someone else proves otherwise (the main thing I'm concerned about is the W Hold being too soft). And I also can't find anymore Nineballs in stock anywhere else in the US. I hear they're probably discontinued. so the last batch is might be going out even in places overseas.

6. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Just a question here... You do understand power really doesnt matter as far as Effective range goes. Yes it plays a part but its one of the smaller ones.

Barrel and hop up chamber should have been the first things you upgraded. So before even looking at a bucking i recommend deciding on a hop up chamber. If your going to switch over to a PDI hop up that means your going to need an AEG barrel and bucking rather then the one you have. It also opens you up to be able to do an ER-hop rather then an R-hop which works better.

As far as bucking goes i have not really fiddled around with them. I do know if your shooting 400+ fps your going to want a hard one rather then a soft one as if you get a soft one shot and it can just tear it and make it worthless.

7. johnjames

johnjames New Member

The PDI Hop Up Bucking was specially made for VSR 10 type rifles. Unfortunately, I found out that it was a 50 degree bucking, which is too soft for my M170 spring. There were some Firefly Hard buckings left in stock in the CONUS, so I ordered one of those from airsoftextreme (yet to arrive).

As far as upgrades go, my Laylax zero trigger / spring components and a whole ton of DIY mods paired with the Action Army Extreme Bucking is bringing me 250 ft consistency with .4g Madbulls and 300-310 ft max range. This is just with the stock barrel. The shimmed hop up arm provided most of the range enhancement. I recently bought a Dangerwerx Over-hop arm, but ASGI sent me the wrong type. So instead of going through their tedious RMA process, I've decided to get an H-type bucking instead.

My stock barrel is better than my friend's ASGI 6.03mm (terrible tolerance), which is why I have decided to wait and buy a good one (Deep Fire 6.04, Laylax 6.03, PDI 6.08) for the stock chamber as of now. I wish to gradually enhance my rifle, so chamber and r-hop come next. If I'm not mistaken, the PDI, EDGI and Deep Fire barerls come with the window cut so that it can be r-hopped.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  8. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Any barrel can be R-hopped... The difference between having an r-hop and an ER-hop is 50 or so feet of range... Possibly more if you tune it well enough.

Can only do it if you have a pdi hop up though. Its the only one that allows you to put an aeg barrel in i believe.

9. johnjames

johnjames New Member

Angel Custom has made a CNC aluminum hop up chamber that sells for only $48. Any reviews on it? I'll probably get this one if I plan on doing an AEG r-hop barrel.
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37771