Bucking the trend...Krytac build thoughts

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by dajogejr, Dec 3, 2020.

1. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Detroit
    Looking for setup advice on my Krytac MKII, SPR.
    This is my tinker gun, try new things, waste some cash...lol.

So far, Prometheus 6.03 barrel, ML 70 bucking and Airtech studios R hop arm.
    Broke the barrel c clip, so ordered a two pack and some more parts to toy with.
    Elvish Tac R hop for my barrel coming, here:
    http://www.elvishtac.com/r-hop

Airtech Studio arm here:
    https://www.airtechstudios.com/prod...at-hop-compatible?_pos=6&_sid=831d7174b&_ss=r

So, my question is this.
    I have a Prometheus and mad bull bucking on the way.
    Since I have the Elvish Tac Rhop and the R hop arm on the gun, the bucking needs to be "flat" where it is exposed to the window, correct? In other words, the r hop arm pushes down on the bucking, the bucking onto the elvish tach and the elvish tach is what contacts the BB to provide R Hop, correct?

The inside of the bucking should have no protrusion into the Elvish tach, just the arm contact point?

And folks, this is why I bought a second Krytac to leave bone stock other than aesthetics...lol.

The point of tinkering with my SPR?
    A. Learning at my pace.
    B. Winter...can't ride the bike.
    C. Tinkering, it's in our blood.
    D. Very little money spent on a new hobby having fun.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The new packing must be mound less.

That is why in the R-Hop How to's they sand the mound off.

dajogejr likes this.

3. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Detroit
    Perfect. Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you Guges.

So, riddle me this. Since the gun is no longer using the bucking surface to contact/spin the bb, the only thing it's doing is:
    A. Secure tight connection from the Hop Up unit to the barrel, and
    B. Feeding BBs

So, beginning next week, I'll have the ML, Mad Dog and Prommy bucking.
    In your opinion, which do I use, which do I sand down for best performance?

4. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Individually test each one and use the one that works best for your particular setup. Tolerances be thrown out the window nowadays.

5. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

This basically. Every build is different and hop up rubbers all fit a bit different.

I personally use madbull red buckings, they have extra retention lips, so does the newer ML but they are harder to flat hop/r hop. I personally flip the bucking inside out and put it onto a barrel and use a new razor blade to cut them, I also cut the alignment line off and offset the bucking so the imperfect sanded/cut surface is NOT the spot holding the r hop patch or being used as the flat hop contact surface. Make sure the bucking lips do not protrude into the feed tube once your done, most need a little sanding or you could see some miss feeding.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you are Flat/R-Hopping...you shouldn't be using a ML packing.

Ben3721 likes this.
  7. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Detroit
    Thanks all.
    I have several packings on the way. Prommy flat is gonna be my first try, I have two madbull on the way I'll try as well.
    The elvish tac R hop glue in for my prommy barrel was as easy as it gets, parts coming Tuesday so looking forward to some results.