Budget - Minded "Jango" and "Bobba" MOSFETs & Tech Services

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories Classifieds' started by danerd, Feb 18, 2019.

1. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Are you into tweaking and upgrading your guns? Are you a tech looking for a cost-effective alternative to protect your gun? Tired of trying to choose between units named after virtually every letter of the alphabet, food or fictitious magical characters?

Worry no more!

Introducing my line of budget-minded MOSFETs! These little guys come in about the size of a US nickel and are capable of taking virtually anything you can throw at them! From stock guns to SSGs, DMRs to DSGs, you name it. I have been making these for the past few years now and have personally put them in:
    - 600 FPS SCAR H
    - 570 FPS SR25 DMR
    - 40 RPS, 400 FPS SSG
    - 37 RPS, 400 FPS SSG
    - 30RPS 440 FPS SSG
    - 25 RPS 390 FPS SSG
    - 47 RPS 400 FPS DSG
    - about a dozen or so other customer builds.

As of recent my design has undergone a few changes and I requested feedback from the Community. Here are their comments:

@andrewdo7 :
    "I had a chance to take it out this weekend and see how it performs in a field situation. Honestly I believe that this is a very good mosfet. For being custom made, it performs just as well as burstwizards or any of the other basic mosfets. It does its job, and does it well....the install was very simple, anyone with basic electrical knowledge can install it in 10 minutes."

@BOA_SP3CT3R :
    "Danerd, your FET is quite nice. I’ll try to get a review up soon. I love the wire routing...
    I was going to do a 14tpa+13:1+14.8 setup to give it a good test, but...the Star Wei didn’t like that. There were massive sparks. But the FET holds up to a 14.8v[​IMG]"

@fred_ditto :
    "Just got my FET today. I'm going to compare this to the Z-FET, since I reviewed one of those too.

I like the packaging. While different from the Z-FET, it's on par with it. The bag it comes in, with a written list of contents, is nice. The instructions, though basic, are nice, which, while I personally don't need them, are a nice touch that the Z-FET didn't include. The wire is silicone- insulated 16 and 26 AWG, and seems to be similar to the wire I used when I made my own FETs (which I don't think I will be doing anymore). The FET itself is similar in size to the Z-FET. I don't remember if Antizombie included this too, but Danerd included a female Deans plug for a battery. Nice little touch...."

A few little things have changed since the beta testing:
    - switched to a thinner 16awg wire after getting numerous comments that the previous wire was a tad thicker than desired.
    - re-routed wiring to a different scheme to cut down on size
    - color coded wiring for each model

The final models are available in two main schemes:

The Jango Model is your basic unit. Much like it namesake, it has everything you need and nothing you dont. Its cool, sleek, can take a beating and is ideal for practically any situation.

The Bobba Model has a few more tricks and features. These guys are a your drop-in units. they come in both front and rear wired V2 and V3 setups. These will be released in the coming weeks as I work out final schemes for each.

If you've read this far by now, I congratulate you. You may be wondering what price these guys come at? Well,
    A JangoFET will run $20 USD shipped CONUS, $26 to Canada.
    A BobbaFET will run $30 USD shipped CONUS, $37 to Canada
    Live outside the US and Canada? I do offer International Shipping! PM me if interested and I'll get you quotes.

Im also offering my Tech services for those interested. Ive dabbled in pretty much every build out there; DMRs, SSGs, DSGs and the such. If you want/need work, PM me.

Gray., andrewdo7, fred_ditto and 3 others like this.
  2. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    All 3 BobbaFET models. These will be out in the coming weeks once they are finalized.
    Jango & Bobba Units Proto.jpg

JangoFET Unit w/ Nickel for size comparison.
    FET Size.jpg

adas1223 likes this.

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
  4. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    do they really come with the trigger trolley's? also why xt60 connectors? *those might just be example pics but im curious if not...

i'd suggest getting proper lit shots of your products dude, good job. you have to show case your handiwork better.

also, at least i personally would like a generic, no connector, no specific wire length model for very unique builds. Ive built fets before, and i would rather just do the general wiring aspect of it.

goodluck!

5. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    I removed the TVS Diode years ago. While it does provide additional protection to the unit, the additional size can make it prohibitive in some platforms where space is at a premium. So far with the units I have used without the diode,they have all held up very well. I manufactute my units with very tight tolerances between the components to minimize the risk of static building up and being able to transfer between parts. I also take special care to insulate components to mitigate this risk as well.
    Yes. The trolleys are included. I have found that providing just the block often leads to fitment issues with various trolleys. Including one as part of the set allows for a better fit and function. The XT-60 plugs are just to show that different connectors can be fitted to the units. It all depends on what the client wants.

Totally agree with you on the lighting. That photo was hastily taken with sub-par lighting of a few units I had whipped up pretty quickly. Far better images will be uploaded soon.

As for a custom unit for those quirky platforms, ( mainly looking at you AUG and M14) Im already on it. Think of that one as a "plug-n-play" after a few connectors are installed. I'll be looking more into that idea and see if I can translate it over to the other Bobba Models. A modular plug-n-play unit may be quite nice. Once the wiring is setup, imagine being able to swap a single (or multiple) units around between different guns or platforms.

BOA_SP3CT3R, link0, andrewdo7 and 2 others like this.
  6. andrewdo7

andrewdo7 New Member

folsom
  7. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Bump! The first Jango Units are out! Updated pictures will be coming in the morning!

8. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Schemes have been finalized! Jangos are blue, black and white, Bobbas are green, white and black with extras.

All units come with a set of deans connectors, 16awg PTFE wire, 24awg gate lead, and a set of gold-plated motor connectors, wiring guide and contents list. Units are shipped in a padded envelope in resealable anti-static bags.

Behold, the official production units:
    20190223_133719.jpeg View attachment 159127 20190223_134131_HDR.jpeg 20190223_134327_HDR.jpeg

andrewdo7, JHat, BOA_SP3CT3R and 4 others like this.
  9. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Bump...
    ISO: FETs in need of new homes...

fred_ditto likes this.
  10. Christopher Merlo

Christopher Merlo New Member

FORK UNION
    I would like to adopt.

11. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Soubds good! Shoot me a PM.

12. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Mosfets! Get your mosfets here! Bobbas, Jangos! Get 'em while they're hot!

hardbap likes this.
  13. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
  14. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
  15. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
  16. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
  17. REAPER556

REAPER556 Active Member

Rockland
    Very nice! I’m in for a rear wired set for my vfc v2 GB application

18. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    You got it! Send me a PM and we'll hash things out.

19. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Questionable bump????

Units are available!

REAPER556 likes this.
  20. REAPER556

REAPER556 Active Member

Rockland