Bullpup AR-15 design thread

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Da-ninjabreadman, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    hey guys me and my curious mind was looking around on the web and i didn't come across very many bullpup's that are AR-15 based, and the ones that were required allot of permanent mods and large changes to the operating system. so i took up the challenge and tried to create a drop in bullpup design for real steel or GBBR's (possible with aeg's but is a bit different design). im not decided on weather to use a wire system or cable system for the trigger. i decided that i dont want to use an electronic trigger because then i would need to carry a battery with. if i get some good plans drawn up on CAD i might try building a prototype in real life. i have access to a machine shop, CNC, and rapid prototype machine 3D printer(last 2 through school). so building it wouldn't be too hard of a problem. give me some input and share your designs.

Design 1.0
    theres a pad around the buffer tube and on top of the rail. in this design it uses a wire attached to the trigger, attached to a pulley, attached to a cable, attached to the original trigger. the stock will be more stream lined but i couldn't find anything on pimp my gun that matched.

image-439493810.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Looks cool man :) I wish I had access to all that stuff :(((((

The design looks good :) just got to draw it out in cad :)

3. Hprice892

Hprice892 New Member

The AR15 is a semi automatic gun will this be semi too?

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    You'd be much better off swapping gearbox versions, than a pully system. On top of that, not to be a [male sexual unit], but why not just grab a bull-pup weapon instead of trying to re-invent the already invented wheel?

5. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    well i plan on trying this on my kwa lm4. And i haven't seen any bullpup ar-15's before, i would like to try and make one. plus most all my money is going to upgrades and repairs all ready :p

6. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    the only thing i see keeping it from being full auto is the hard to get to selector switch. i mainly put AR-15 in the title so i could include both real steel and airsoft in the plans. i didn't put m4/m16 because not very many people own a real one.

7. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Bleh, looks ugly to me. Nifty idea though.

8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Let me know how it goes :)

Im planning on doing a Bullpup AR as well. And a Bullpup AK down the road.

Which was supposed to be done this year lol

9. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

waddaya think about this ???

Attached Files:

10. Hprice892

Hprice892 New Member

I think it looks better with the magazine in front of the gun not in the back

11. Hprice892

Hprice892 New Member

So will the gun be fully automatic or just semi automatic?

12. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    Have you considered using the Tavor as a platform? You could convert it to an AR style front end and it takes M4 mags and is already.

Just my 2 cents

13. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    they all look good but this falls under the category of permanent mods/ large changes to operating system. im trying to make a drop in system that requires no mods.

the problem i have with this is the buffer tube. GBBR's need it to work properly. otherwise it would be a bit easier in that department.

full and semi, maybe even ambidextrous

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  14. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Bullpup is when the magazine is in the back...

15. Hprice892

Hprice892 New Member

Sorry I'm kinda new to airsoft :(

16. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    bullpup is when the operating system is behind the trigger. the magazine can be anywhere. (p90 its on top)

17. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I know, I was trying not to over complicate it, the magazine is in the back in most bullpups. I didn't know the P90 is bullpup.

18. bal1

bal1 New Member

I want one. Those are awesome.

19. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

Yeah, if only some one would be able to do that

20. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    I want to interject a little OCD definition frustration here, Bull pup means that the stock of the gun is solid, most times containing the bolt and action, and sometimes the mag (TAR, AUG) Most often when the bolt and action moves back, the mag does to, for simplicity of design. Just some OCD clarification :)