bullpup or traditional

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ModernBadCompany, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ModernBadCompany

ModernBadCompany New Member

Do bullpup rifles preform any better than m16

M16 reloads faster soo m16 is winning sofar

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Uh huh. Really, it's faster to reload an M16 than let's say a Tavor. Proof please?

Just because it's faster to reload the M16 than the F2000 in BF3 doesn't or the M16 faster than the Type 95 in MW3 doesn't mean it's faster in real life. It depends on the user. I suck at reloading, mainly because I haven't practiced yet, while some people can reload in about 2 seconds.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

3. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    He is saying that it being a bullbulp makes it harder to reload compared to a AR...

op don't let reloading ward you away from a bullpulp (I gotta be screwing that spelling up...) you will get use to it.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Thatguy,

Reloading a traditionally configured rifle is a more natural movement. You don't have to cross one arm under the other to manipulate the weapon. If you train long enough, you can reload a bull pup with similar speed as say, an M16. However, most airsoft players don't spend that much time drilling with their guns. A more traditional configuring will offer a faster reload for 99% of the guys on these boards.

BadCompany,

In airsoft, the answer is no. In real steel terms, the purpose of a bullpup is to provide the advantages of a longer barrel in a shorter package. In airsoft, barrel length doesn't make very much difference as long as you've got at least 8-10 inches. We're dealing with a different method of expelling projectiles, and ours is far less determined by barrel length. The only really notable exception is something like the P90. It gives you a reasonable barrel length in a gun that doesn't extend more than a couple inches past your front hand. The only other full size AEG that compact is the mp5K/PDW, whose barrel is so short that it does affect accuracy and velocity a bit. So for the best performance out of a very compact gun, the bullpup design of the P90 is best. Once you get into carbine length guns, it doesn't matter.

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Well I guess I'm that 1%... I don't have a problem with bullpups. I just raise the gun to where the barrel is pointing up, and then then it's almost easier, your dominant hand has an easier time carrying the weight and you can focus more on getting that next mag in. The way he was speaking it seemed as of he was referring to the reload times from the video games, as I have analyzed that stuff very closely. Yeah call me a nerd I research reload times for a video game lol.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Let me proposition you this. One of the things you want to do when reloading an AR is point the barrel upward, rotate the receiver about 90 degrees in and level the mag well with your target. This way, you can stay focused on your target and see your mag well clearly with your peripheral vision. This speeds up target reacquisition, as you don't have to take your eyes off the baddie to see where you're putting the spent mag. Further, you can release the spent mag with your dominant hand on an AR while you use your off hand to find a fresh mag. With most bullpups, you have to release the spent mag with the same hand you grab the fresh mag with. Since you can't do these two things simultaneously, you're adding a step for one of your hands, lengthening the entire process.

I would argue that if you can't change an AR mag faster than a Tavor mag, you probably weren't reloading properly with the AR.

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    What about having to bring that mag you just dropped into your dump pouch? You don't to just leave a mag on the ground you paid for. And if you were to retrieve it later, the I can see where it comes into play. I guess I'm just slow, but I still don't think it's THAT hard with a bullpup. Practice can help with that for sure. I've never really had to reload in a pinch though, I'm usually hanging back.

8. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx0JzYcwUiY[/ame]

9. ModernBadCompany

ModernBadCompany New Member

Ill go with the m16 platform

10. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Did you have an actual PURPOSE behind this thread then?

11. Noobsmustdie

Noobsmustdie New Member

12. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    I think we should do an experiment. Which platform has the quickest reload time? Granted everyone is different so we would need multiple test monkeys, but I think this would be cool. Instead of M16 VS Bullpup, would could do AR, AK, G36, MP5, etc. It would be cool and we could find what the fastest really is.

13. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    I would say AR. The mag is a good size for most people to easily grab and manipulate. Also it is just a straight shot into tbe magwell rather than the back and forth motion if the AK.

14. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I agree with Levi. I always reloaded faster with my AR than my AK.

15. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

To be honest it really doesnt matter. I also want to point out.

If you were to get a P90. You would get the M4 magazine conversion kit. Meaning it takes M4 mags and it will go in just as easy. To be quite honest its all based on who you are. And practice makes it faster. The more you use it the faster you go.

Personally if im choosing between an aug or a famas vs an m4 or m16. Im taking the aug/famas. Even the Tavor.

16. fradd

fradd New Member

I think bullpups were designed for two things in the first place:

1. To allow a longer barrel to be in a shorter weapon
    2. To have a faster reload

17. MR38

MR38 Active Member

Washington
    I'm up for it I can compare my M4 with my Tavor. But I'm not sure it would be fare because I do use my Tavor a lot more often.

18. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    I was going to say I can reload my FN 2000 faster than my M16, but sense you put it that way I'm going to say I can reload my FN easier than I can my M16. It's because a natural movement for me

19. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    This is a pointless argument. There are just too many variables. One type of traditional rifle may be slower to reload than a certain bullpup, while a certain bullpup may be slower to reload than a certain traditional. Then there are shooters. Some can reload certain types more quickly, as we can see from the posts above. Sometimes there are also magazines. For example, the M16 comes with a basic metal magazine. However, you can get those magpul mags, the magpul thumb-grip things on the bottom, etc. Each mag is different. I just think there are too many variables….

20. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You can't really compare airsoft guns with real steel guns, the only similarities are ergonomics and reload procedure. I agree that an AUG or P90 can be kinda awkward to reload, but other than that they have several technical advantages, but both AR and bullpup platforms can be tuned to perform similarily in airsoft. The AUG and P90 are alot more tech friendly than AR guns though, they are just simpler to work with.

One major advantage with the AR's is that they have a much better aftermarket support, you just find more upgrades for an M4 than an AUG. In the end it boils down to personal preference really, the important thing is that your gun is comfortable for you to use. That's one of the reason I prefer the AUG over the M4 or M16, it just works better for me.

I agree with the guy above me, this debate isn't very productive really.