Buying from somebody with 0 posts?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by ncore, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I was looking at some deals on various forums, not necessarily airsoft related forums, and I saw a few deals I was interested in from users with 0 posts. Like, they create an account to post in the classifieds section.

If you pay through paypal, and they end up not shipping the item, what can I do? If they end up not shipping it and it is proven, would I be able to get my money back? I am not sure how this all works and it has been bugging me for a while. I have never tried buying from somebody with no reputation. I mean, I know you have to start somewhere, but is the a good chance you can get your money back through paypal if they end up cheating you out?

I appreciate any answer, and I am sure some other people might be interested in this topic.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    As long as you don't send money as a gift you can dispute and generally get your money back if something goes wrong.

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    PayPal requires a 45 day refund policy if it isn't sent as a gift. So always suck it up, and pay that extra 3%. Also, they shouldn't be posting an ad without 15 posts. Please report them.

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    If someone posted in the Classifieds section and has less than fifteen posts, do what Captain Almighty said. Report them.

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Just saying but he does mention that he isn't referring to this forum. So reporting someone for not having 15 posts may be pointless on a separate forum.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Ha, I did miss that part, thanks for pointing it out.

7. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Ok, thank you all for the responses. I hope to work something out with the seller and if it goes wrong, dispute it successfully.

8. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Back before we had the post rule and the classifieds were still a subforum, I bought several things from members with 0 posts. Nothing went wrong at all.

Just ask for a video of working [item] with username/current date. Can't go wrong there.