Buying the gun tomorrow

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by CQB, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CQB

CQB New Member

Tomorrow I will buy one of these listed guns. I play CQB at a limit of 330 FPS with .20 gram BBs. I will need to downgrade my spring on all these models. I want to make sure that I will not have to cut and repair any parts just to reach the gearbox. I will get the guy that has the most votes or the best reasons to buy it.

SOB II (Echo 1) : http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_215&products_id=37001

Evike Custom (G&P) : http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_217_620&products_id=39069

MRF-C (Echo 1): http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_215&products_id=37493

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Easy answer, the g&p. G&p's are 10 times better than any echo 1.

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Well since I'm your only vote G&P wins. The echo 1s are just rebranded and aren't really able to run with a G&P. I have no experience with any of them but from what other people have said G&P over Echo1. Externals: G&P Internals:G&P Stock performance:G&P. Echo1 just isn't in the same performance league as a G&P.

Edit: aww I wasn't the only vote...sniped..

4. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I have to say G&P as well.. The only reason to get the SOB over the G&P would be for the looks.(IMO) If you don't fancy the G&P looks, but prefer the SOB looks, get the SOB and perform a few upgrades to make it field-able at your CQC arena. (If it isn't already within FPS limits)

5. CQB

CQB New Member

Will the G&P need any future upgrades?

6. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Everything will need future upgrades, but a G&P will be your best bet. Only part that would really need to be replaced over time is the piston, other than that you're good unless you want to upgrade further.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Any gun could use upgrades. But the g&p will not need them. The echo 1's will need more upgrades.

Edit: sniped

8. TheAirsoftTech

OP: this is correct. Maybe the motor too... I'v heard some bad things about their stock motor... I may be wrong though.

9. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Ehh, it depends, I still use my stock motor and it runs decently, but anything more than an M120 spring and it would probabley kill itself. It gives good stock RPS though, 21-22 on a 9.6v. Idk about you, OP, but I'm more of a semi auto kind of guy, so it doesn't effect me very much.

10. TheAirsoftTech

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

11. CQB

CQB New Member

I can't find any disassembly videos. If I do get the G&P, how do I disassembly it to get to the gearbox?

12. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

It should be the same as any other AR. Try searching 'G&P M4 disassembly' or the like.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Uhh I belive its like any version 2 gearbox. If you mean the gun its self just Google g&p m4 dissasebly because all of there m4 model should ( I'm not positive) dissasemble the same.

Edit: I'm sick of getting sniped.

14. CQB

CQB New Member

15. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Here since YouTube is screwing up.
    [ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser-goto&v=133247963&qsubts=1344314183288&q=version+2+gearbox+disassmebly&v=133247963[/ame]

16. CQB

CQB New Member

This is kinda off topic but, I don't want to make a new thread. Is the evike 20% off BIGGEREVIKE?

17. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Yes it was. Not sure if its still active.

18. CQB

CQB New Member

No. If I can't get 20% off then I have to get the Echo 1 SOB because I only have 470 dollars to spend. (470 = chest rig, BDU, Mags, Charger,Battery,Spring downgrade, attachments, Then gun it self.)

19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

noooo for only 39.99 you get a whole lot more.