C.Q.B. loadout for friend

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by broadsword, Dec 6, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    my friend gave me like 225 for a C.Q.B. loadout and ive come up with some general ideas for what he needs. Im thinking a plate carrier that has built in mag pouches, and only that. I also think he needs to get gloves, face/eye protection, camo, a dump pouch, and any other accessories you think he should have. He also gave me around 200 for a short barreled m4, without accessories, and it must be durable and have good internals stock, because he cant upgrade internally. whats your 2 cents about it?

2. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Camo is really your choice, as far as pattern, I'd go with Propper. A Flyye/Pantac 6094 would fit the bill for a plate carrier. Mechanix gloves aren't too expensive, or, since for the PC you're already buying overseas, you could pick him up some replica Oakley SI gloves, which would be less expensive, dump pouches aren't that expensive, and really at that price range that's about all you can get

I'd say go with a king arms m4.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=11566

3. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
  4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Oh lord, Broadsword. Why do people always insist on buying Conderp?!

Okay, to start off you said you were thinking about a plate carrier. What you linked was most certainly NOT a plate carrier. Go look at AirsoftSmith for Pantac or ShooterCBGear for Flyye. Find something that fits your price range and bring it back here, we'll tell you if it's good or not.

Oh, and an OD uniform will work just fine, really. It's far from ideal but will work.

Why does it matter what you care for if this is for your friend?

5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I bought this... I can't emphasize how much it sucked. It only took me 2 hours or play time to destroy the MOLLE.

6. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Personally I'd go with M81 (Woodland) instead of OD green, but that's just me.
    The items I mentioned all should be able to fit in your price range, so why would you get that low quality, piece of crap condor?

7. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    yeah im just looking for something like it

8. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    If you're talking to me, the Mayflower UW chest rig will do fine.

9. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Ok then you want a chest rig, not a plate carrier. The Flyye "LT1961" is nice but it isn't exactly modular

EDIT: Glen, the Mayflower UW is out of his price range

10. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah I know about the camo but Im not in control of it, he is. He only plays CQB so he wants something more high speed low drag than that. Im just looking around.

11. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Lolwut? More high speed camo? Or were you referring to the Plate carrier?

12. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
  13. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
  14. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Oh, shoot. Just spreading the word on high quality tacticool gear.

15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
  16. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    that was descriptive... whats the major issue with it?

17. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Lol its like.. its like putting a bunch of mags in a pig trough. In short, they just won't stay where you need them, they move side to side, you get single mags in "Pouches" that are way too big, and fall back and forth, and can slip under and fall sideways. Mags need pouches, and this isn't that. Plus the draw speed just isnt there

There were other things I didn't like about it, but my brain has blocked those memories out :p No really though I forgot some other things about it that I hated, but honestly, your friend will despise it. Now you wouldn't want to do that now would you?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  18. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    No worries, Tomato, I've got this.

Broadsword, the 'satch family of rigs sucks. Hard.

1) The weight distribution sucks. It constantly sags towards the front and so you have to counterbalance with crap on the back it just for it to fit somebody correctly, much less for it to be comfortable.

2) It's not very modular at all. You see all that crap all over it? It's MOLLE. I love MOLLE. Normally, that would be pretty awesome. But the amount of space you have is cut in half because those internal mag pouches make it so that you have two separate areas instead of an actual, singular front panel. Unlike other plate carriers like the 6094 series, where the entire front panel is one area unless you CHOOSE to use the kangaroo pouch, the 'satch family forces you to use it unless you'd like to completely waste the one upside brought on by the many downsides.

3) The pouches are loose as all hell and have no mag retention. Unlike good kangaroo pouches, where they will hold your mags in place, this crap will let them bounce all over and possibly just fly out of the pouches themselves. You don't want that.

4)It's stoopid and not HSLD at all.

--edit--
    I added in Tomato's point. I didn't even think of that when I was writing this.

19. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Meh. My posts just fall into the shadows when grin posts

:p

But I can second the bad weight distribution thing, as you can see mine is sagging pretty heavily with barely any load and the 6 mags in the internal pouch are plastic, at that

[​IMG]