Camarillo teams

Discussion in 'California Airsoft Forum' started by greenmarine, Dec 10, 2012.

1. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Any teams in/near Camarillo?

2. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

What kind of gun do you have?

3. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

i have 2 cyma ak47, g&g mp5, and a sniper(i dont know the brand). sidearms i have a kjw hi capa 1911, we biohazard m9, and 2 we hi capa 1911.

4. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

What type of gear? Is the mp5 blowback? Edit: I would also like to know your age

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

yes the mp5 is blowback, im 15 and i don't really have a set of camo i run black cargo pants and a navy camo jacket. i use work boots, don't know what kind and at the moment a paintball mask. i plan on getting a mesh mask, goggles and helmet pretty soon. i have a cheap old vest that i sometimes use but for the most part i just where a belt, i run pistols only for the most part, i have never played at an outdoor field. i have been playing for about a year at patriot airsoft, which is all cqb.

6. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

I've never gone to patriot yet because my gun is 400fps (CYMA Ak) is it good there? I might buy a ump45 to go. Edit: have you ever checked out Zepyhr airsoft? Outdoor every Sunday.

7. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Patriot Is fun but there is a lot of little kids with walmart guns. Also they have a ten foot engagement distance in which you have to yell out bang bang. And I don't have my license and can never get a ride to zephyr but I really want to go. If you want to check out patriot they rent out mp5s(forgot what kind) and g&g combat machines for $15 and they lend you one full hi cap as well. I would recommend going on a weekday like Wednesday or Thursday, a lot less people than on the weekends.

8. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

Do you think a pistol could cut it for patriot? I have a usp45 with a 16rd mag so my question is: how long are the rounds? Edit(I do these a lot): what is the days with the most noobs (I love me some fresh noobs)

9. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Haha the rounds are 3-5 minutes long with a 2-3 minute reload in-between you are most likely going to need more magazines for your pistol unless your the best pistol shooter alive. I almost always go pistols only but I have 6 25 round magazines. Noobs mostly go on the weekends but there are also the regulars that are there every other if not everyday, they all run polarstars and are jerks with them. I suggest, if you have $40 dollars to spend, $15-$20 to get in, play the first round and if you find yourself thinking you need an aeg go rent a gun for another $15. If you like the field, games, and people/ staff then you could buy a cqb gun such as that ump.

10. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Almost forgot, they provide downgrade services for $ of parts and $25 an hour for the tech, I have never seen Tim(the tech) take more than an hour for a downgrade so if you have multiple guns downgrade one for cqb ( about $40) and keep one for outdoor.

11. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

Since my pistol is only 40$ would you recommend buying a second and duel wield(Provided I use ammo sparingly)

12. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Duel wield is a good idea in theory, but it is inaccurate( I have tried on multiple occasions) and you have 2 guns to reload, so no speed reloads( doesnt really matter since you only have one magazine). A plus side is At patriot if you run out of ammo you can run around the field( it's kind of small) and bang bang people. I have played a whole game doing that( forgot to reload my mags) and I ended up winning the game for my team. You can run up to people and automatically know to bang bang, running at people usually catches them off guard and by the time they realize they need to shoot, your within ten feet and chances are they are not ready to yell bang bang. If I where you I would go and play with just your pistol and one mag( I would buy another mag if I had the money) if you run out of ammo and there is a lot of time left just run around and bang bang so you can at least go and try the field out. It will take you a game or two to get used to the field. So I wouldn't waste money trying to duel wield. If it's the same price for the pistol and mag as it is for just the mag( I'm not familiar with this gun) then yes get the pistol, you can always sell it and keep the extra mag.

13. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

And if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?

14. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

I am 13. Do you go to ACHS or NPHS? Also, are there elevated positions at the field?

15. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

I go to RMHS and there is a center "tower" that is a little elevated but it is in the center of the field and you can be shot from multiple angles. I wouldn't recommend using it with only one 16 round mag.

16. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

Oh I don't know anybody that goes to Rio Mesa so I didn't think about them :). Ya I think I'm gonna buy an extra mag and try it out but I'm saving up for a PC so no promises. Are any type of grenades allowed there? I am thinking if buying a Thunder b to use.

17. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Thunder bs are allowed and they sell them. Tornadoes are allowed and I think dummy grenades are allowed. It is a warehouse so thunder bs are louder than they are outdoors so be ready.

18. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

What could classify as a dummy grenade?

19. greenmarine

greenmarine New Member

Foam grenade from evike.

20. ImTacticool

ImTacticool New Member

And they have a shop inside I could buy one from right? Edit: What is the entry fee?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013