Can a G&G GR16 use M4 Magazines? PLEASE Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by AirsoftDan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AirsoftDan

AirsoftDan New Member

Glen Ellyn
    Can a G&G GR16 use M4 Magazines?:confused: I have a GR16 and want to get some mid caps for it and I'm wondering if I can just use any standard M4 mid cap magazine. I need a response SOON! And also, what type of lubricant should I use to lube my mags?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Yes, they can. MAG brand mags are a great way to go.

This is the best stuff to use to lube your magazines when they need it:

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA5221

Remember, just a drop or two will do for a long time, you don't want lube on your bbs.

3. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

....face palm.....
    im sorry i know your probably new to the sport

4. AirsoftDan

AirsoftDan New Member

Glen Ellyn
    Thank you Knief!:) And stroop, thank you for your absolutely useless & discouraging comment. Yes I am very new to the sport. I just got into it like a month ago. I was pretty sure that it accepted M4 mags but I just wanted to confiirm it.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I know and i am sorry for that. it was un called for.

6. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Knief, are you sure about lubing mags?
    From what I've gathered, it isn't beneficial enough to be worth it

7. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I found it to be highly beneficial to my 120 round CA(?) G36 midcaps, which I had bought used. They seemed kind of stiff, so I took some silicon oil and some ****** .12g bbs, and loaded and unloaded the mag like 5 times. Much better feeding.

8. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Really? Because since it is an oil, similar to not wanting lube in your barrel, won't it stick to dust and dirt? And you run the risk of getting lube on your BB's

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Like I said, don't use much and only if you have to. When you're breaking in mags or the follower is starting to stick, just a drop of lube can help free things up. You're right, you don't want it really getting on your bbs or collecting crap. That's why you use a very small amount.

10. AirsoftDan

AirsoftDan New Member

Glen Ellyn
    Thank you all for all of the info! :) It helps a LOT.