Can I bring airsoft guns from USA,NY to South Korea?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by The_Boss, Dec 22, 2012.

1. The_Boss

The_Boss New Member

NY,Woodbury
    Hi My name is Tyler Kim.
    I just want to ask about L96 and Kwa M1911 PTP
    because I am planning to ship the guns all unloaded.
    Will it work? i saw lots of yes and no's
    anyhow do you think the guns with pass without any problems??

thanks

2. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Depends, what are the firearms laws in South Korea and are airsoft guns even allowed there? If they are allowed in the country, then it is likely that you can ship them.

However, if the guns are all metal, they might be detected and temporarily seized for inspection.

3. lortroy

lortroy New Member

Hey I have a friend coming from Louisiana and I'm in California? How can he transport it?

4. lortroy

lortroy New Member

It being his airsoft guns

5. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    He could take it on the plane with him I believe, provided he declares it to the airline and stores it in his checked luggage. Probably some other stuff but I'm not to sure.

6. lortroy

lortroy New Member

Ok thank you for the help

7. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Airsoft guns are treated as firearms by airlines. It must be stored in a hard sided locked case unloaded. You will be asked by the security personnel to go into a closed room and open the case for them.

8. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

Ship it UPS ground if he has the time. The cost of airline baggage would be the same if not more, unless he's flying Southwest. Plus no hassle with the TSA.

9. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    THIS. I actually looked into it awhile back. I checked my local airlines and you pretty much summed it up.

10. ARhymingApe

ARhymingApe New Member

a few years ago I used to bring back airsoft guns from Taiwan whenever I went to visit family in the summer.
    the only trouble I had was that they'd ask me to take it out of my luggage and show them that its an airsoft/BB gun.
    other than that, al I really had to do was put the gun(s) in luggage that I'd be checking in (not bringing it with me on the plane obviously).
    but things have kinda changed with airline security, so i wouldn't be surprised if checking in airsoft guns is any different now.

11. EuroGirl

EuroGirl New Member

You can actually ship real guns as well as go on a plain and have them in luggage. You need to buy a certain thing. I think it's like a orange tag to put on what your shipping it in. I'm not sure though.