can this kwa work as a dmr

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by deadeye, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye

deadeye New Member

in between chicago and milwakee
    KWA Full Metal KM16BR, it cost 315 on evike to pre order, can it preform as listed at bottom

i have been getting more serius with airsoft and i only lay field games so fps limit is 400. now that i decided to upgrade i have been looking at multiple possible dmr's, but i am still unsure of my capablities to work in the gearbox, and further upgrade stock guns. many people say kwa is no good so if you say that the kwa is a no go then please list another rifle that can fill the requirements

370-400 fps
    accuracy up 200 feet
    reliable
    take magpul handgaurd/stock
    fast trigger response

thanks for your info

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Just saying but you would probably want to put a tightbore if you want 200 feet accuracy, also a DMR isn't really a stock gun. Now if the magpul you are referring to is PTS then really any airsoft m4 with a buffer tube will take it, handguard you will need a real style delta ring (I believe others tell me different) either way KWA has a real steel delta ring so it won't matter, although you will have to get the right size. Fast trigger response I hear you would want a Lipo and a mosfet for that, but I'm not too experienced in that area and will let someone else add more.

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    You can go DMR with a KM16. It should shoot between 400 and 410 FPS right out of the box. KWA's are also very reliable. When your FPS eventually begins to drop off, just replace the piston o-ring and it will probably come back up. By the way, you can upgrade the 2GX gearbox fairly easily. Only the gearbox shell and nozzle are truly proprietary. I've upgraded the spring, piston and piston head in the gearbox with no problem.

If you go DMR, I'd switch out the 2G bucking with a PDI W-Hold. Much better range and accuracy. I'd also look into a PDI 6.01 tightbore barrel. Replace the bucking first. It will have a far greater impact on range and accuracy than a tightbore barrel.

If you want better trigger response, you'll probably want to go lipo. If you do, be sure to install a MOSFET to protect your trigger contacts.

I've replaced the stock fore-end on a KM4A1 with Magpul MOE fore-end. The full length one should fit the KM16. I don't know if I would replace the full stock with one from Magpul. I believe the KM16 is wired to the rear.

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Yes
    No
    For a stock gun, yes
    Yes
    For a stock gun, average

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
Thread Status: