Featured Canadian firearms laws, and airsoft

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Fortsmithman, May 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM.

1. Fortsmithman

Fortsmithman Member

Fort Smith
    Here is the latest from Canada it appears our federal government has declared some airsoft weapons to be restricted, and prohibited firearms. I am posting pics of RCMP descriptions of a coupole of airsoft weapons with one being classed as prohibited, and one as restricted.

First the prohibited one. then below it the restricted one. RATECH.png

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Odd, they picked out several by Make AND Model. So..that means only KSC P226 for you...

3. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    This is unfortunate.. I was reading some discussion regarding the ra tech m4, and it seemed to be its one of the forged aluminum lowers that I suppose could be modded like an 80% to complete a firearm.

the tm one falls under the same issue as all pistols, being it shoots low below 366 w/0.2’s...

4. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Active Member

It's a slippery slope banning something with zero unique distinguishing markings on it, will WE and JG blank ARs be discernable from RA Tech by the average law enforcement?

upload_2020-5-20_12-54-58.png
    I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly but the fact that it's low fps is not what they state as the problem, Canadian law enforcement is led to believe that you can drop on a real P226 slide on it and with complete ignorance of GBB gas valve firing mechanism believe it will fire 9x19 out of its plastic frame

Personally I think the AR platform phone holder/boogaloo switch is more of an issue in the eyes of law enforcement but hey it's not a party until you use all three holes right?

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Back 5 years ago we got a VFC "prototype" to light off a real cartridge using a real upper.

I asked Vega...who designed this and did you know the holes are the same as a real receiver.

He admitted the Engineer copied the specs from a real receiver and just added in Airsoft bits.

I told him to make more changes and that we can't buy his GBB in the USA in it's current form...

However, the French stupids tried to over rule me until I lit a blank cartridge in front of him...I didn't think the French could get paler than they are...

Last edited: May 21, 2020 at 8:12 AM
  6. Fortsmithman

Fortsmithman Member

Fort Smith
    Here in Canada it's not parliament that decides what is a prohibited weapon. It's our national police force the Royal Canadian Mounted Police that determines what is restricted, and what is prohibited.