Featured Can't Contact User

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by OutlawAirsoft, Oct 5, 2021.

1. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Hey all, I recently purchased a gun from a user on this forum and never received it. I have his phone number, but am not sure my texts are getting through. It's been 3 weeks since he's received the payment but I never got a tracking number or confirmation that he sent it. I'm not in a hurry, but I am slightly worried that I will never see this gun.
    Is there any other way to contact him? I've texted and started a conversation, but haven't heard back.
    Also, if you sold me an svd via this forum, please let me know what is going on. I would hate to leave negative feedback.

2. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

What was his username? 3 weeks is wayyyy to long, that sounds like a scam or the person is hesitant to ship the item for other reasons. They could have sold it locally or don't even have the item they listed to sell.

Typically if they refuse to ship within 10 days with proof of tracking, you need to open a dispute with whatever payment you used so you can get your money back as quickly as possible. Worse comes to worse your preferred payment will just contact them see if they will work with you, if not then they will loose their cash.

3. FrostyNuggets

FrostyNuggets New Member

Missouri Valley
    Did you send cash upfront? It’s going to be hard to reconcile if that’s the case and he/she decides to be dishonest. Hopefully you at least have some sort of record from them stating that they received your payment. Gather up all evidence you have, including sent/received messages and postal records. A police report with the scammer’s local PD might be your last resort.

Good luck, I hope it was just a breakdown in communication and everything works out for you. I know you’re an upfront person… very easy to deal with in our transaction.

OutlawAirsoft likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  5. OutlawAirsoft

Hamilton
    Unfortunately it was a mail order, his PayPal wasn't working. He wanted to use Venmo, but that proved too difficult to get working on my end.
    I have texts proving he received payment, and that is the last thing I heard from him.
    His user name is Xpart.

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Mail Order means it's the Feds jurisdiction, contact them.

7. OutlawAirsoft

Hamilton
    I will give it a little more time, hopefully he turns up. From what I've heard he's had some family emergencies but that was 2 weeks ago.

8. jashuro

jashuro Member

Los Angeles
    Don't give him time, Contact that person or deal with that STAT! stuff like that saying you have a family emergencies are the sketchy ones

FuLL-eFFekT1 and FrostyNuggets like this.
  9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It's always "car troubles" or family issues.

If it was legitimate...they would at least give you an update.

10. OutlawAirsoft

Hamilton
    I have submitted a mail fraud form.

FuLL-eFFekT1 and aotsukisho like this.
  11. JohnnyBoyGunner

JohnnyBoyGunner New Member

Miami-Dade
    Best of luck! Fraud has been crazy these past two years especially, but finger's crossed you get your money back or the item.

OutlawAirsoft likes this.