Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i am having trouble deciding which airsoft gun i an going to buy next. the three i am looking at are the systema ptw, celcius ctw, or the TM m4 sopmod.
There are things i like and disslike about all three. ill list what i know and maybe you guys cant give me some info i havent heard.

The PTW, from what i know everything about this gun is great, except the price tag. i really like that it has a gearbox that can handle a m160 spring. i dont really want to use a spring that powerful, but to have a gun that is capable means a lot less worry, and a lot easier to upgrade, mostly because the work has already been done.

The CTW, pretty much a exact replica of the ptw, except i dont think the internal are as stong. i watched a video where a guy put the red ptw m150 cylinder into the ctw. it sounded like the whole gun was giong to break apart. and that kinda scares me, plus as far as i know there are no upgrades available. on the upside, its only half as much.

The m4 sopmod. the idea of a recoiling gun intrigues me, but also frightens me. it sounds like one more thing to go wrong. i also dont like that it takes a custom battery, and the gun only shoots 280 fps, id like to be in the 350-400 range. also again no upgrades, and i think it uses a whole new style of gear box. but it has recoil which is cool, and its cheaper than the ctw and ptw.

what do you think?

· Premium Member
5,087 Posts
The Sopmod will do everything and more that the the CTW and PTW will do for a hell of a lot less money.

It has a funtioning bolt release and lock out,,,this means that it will lock when the last round is fired ,,pull the trigger all you want but it wont dry fire,,simply slap in your fresh mag a press the bolt release in to fire,,,very cool.

The mags have a revised feeder tube meaning you waste 0 bb's,,they are set up to take around 90 rounds but with a flick of an internal switch can be locked to take 30 rounds for extreme milsim.

Its also worth mentioning that the TM Sopmod mags are closer in size to G&G M4 450 round hicaps,,this is a good thing as they are bang on the same size as their real steel counterparts,,,,,,however the Sopmod is not compatable with other mags.

TM have also sorted out what many people would have described as the Achilles heel of the M4/16/15, and that's the hop up,its been replaced by a much more stable rotary style hop unit,,think G36,,it is accessed in the same way as any other m4.

Off course the replica also uses TM,s new blow back feature,but more importantly it also utilises their impressive new recoil engine in the buffer tube,,,its been described as mediocre on semi but quite effective on full auto,,but still nowhere near as satisfying as the likes of WA's GBB M4's.

Last but not least is the battery,,,its something i hope to see on all aeg's,,the thoughts of not fiddling around with wires puts a smile on my face,,yes i know that for the time being only TM sell the batteries but its only a matter of time before ACM batteries hit the shelves,,as will mags.

Never mind Celsius ans Systema,,,the SOPMOD is the single most important airsoft model for the last 12 months.

Its what the Mercedes S class is to the automotive trade,,,a glimpse at the future,,it gives us an idea of what the expect of our bread and butter aeg's over the next year or so,,,,,i want one very very badly.

If you are worried about reliability,,,all i can is,,DONT.

This is TM,,they research and test,,and then test some more before doing a bit more testing followed by more testing,,,i have mentioned Mercedes, and now im going to mention Lexus,,,reliability at its best

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I would get the TM it's so much cheaper and it will still perform great.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you very much in helping me decide. now i am torn between two guns, the TM sopmod and the G&P WOC SR16 URX i really cant decide. i already have a utg m4 comando which i like very much, but i want something with recoil. what do you think?

· Premium Member
5,166 Posts
Well the G&P WOC SR16 URX is gas and the TM M4 Sopmod is electric.

They are both very different categories.

Personally, I would go with the TM M4 Sopmod as it would be much cheaper to run, and many other reasons.

Although the G&P WOC SR16 URX does look nicer, in my opinion, the TM M4 Sopmod would be a better choice.

But if money is not a issue, go for the G&PG WOC SR16 URX.

-Griffin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.