CB VS Khaki

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by ReaperTwoSix, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    I'm looking into some FLYYE gear, and was wondering about colors. The types of uniform I'll most likely be wearing will be Olive Drab, Woodland and potentially Desert MARPAT, and maybe Atacs in FG. I'd like some opinions on pros and cons of both. Leaning towards CB, but some more specialized people, Jongol and Kneif are welcome to rant and rave about what's better. All comments and concerns are appreciated, if you're wondering about what I'm purchasing as well, let me know and It'll be posted up.

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Honestly, I like khaki better with everything except woodland MARPAT. I think khaki matches most tan based and universal patterns far better than CB and provides a nice light contrast with most darker green based patterns. But take a look here and decide for yourself:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/gear-color-comparison-guide-38871/

What I don't have is a big piece of EI or FLYYE CB gear. The Pantac MAP is a little darker than EI or FLYYE CB.

3. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    Thanks Knief, is your rig Khaki? and do you only have 3 magazines on your front?

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    My two main rigs are both Khaki, one Eagle and the other Pantac. Both are pictured in the thread above. I keep 7 mags up front. Three in the shingles and two each in two pouches on either side of the shingle:

[​IMG]

5. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    Alright, and how's the MAP? I've heard of people having a saggy MAP when they start putting supplies, have you run into this problem before?

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Not at all. If you secure it properly (and I do mean properly, 4 out of 5 airsofters don't know how to weave PALS webbing), you'll never have a problem. I carry a full 2L bladder and occasionally a bag of bbs on my MAP and it stays secure.

7. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    And you've said before you can do the same setup with a 6094, correct? Because that's the rig I'm looking at.

8. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Yes you definitely can.

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    More or less. The 6094 has a kangaroo pouch that can hold 3 mags, so you'll want to take advantage of that. Then stack another shingle outside of that for another 3. You can tuck another mag pouch wherever and get to 8 mags with no problem.

10. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    I like the idea of the kangaroo pouch, I'm just worried about if I lay on my stomach, if the 6 magazines in front of me might be a hassle.

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Nah, it's not a problem. But if you're worried about it, you can run three in the kangaroo pouch and set two mag pouches off to the sides for the same 7 mags I have.

12. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    I think I'll try both. If the kangaroo doesn't work out I can just ditch it and throw on the extra magazine pouch like you have. Is the kangaroo pouch strictly for STANAG style magazines, or can it fit Ak-74 magazines like most other pouches? I plan on running a multi gun rig.

EDIT: What's your opinions on fake SAPI plates? Helpful or not?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    You know, I couldn't tell you. I don't care for AK variants, so I haven't done any research about whether or not their various mags would fit well into the 6094. My instinct tells me it'd be tight, because the M4 mags are a tight fit.

Whether or not fake SAPI plates are an improvement depends on your carrier and your body. I needed fake plates in both of my CIRAS's (CIRAE? How the hell do you make CIRAS plural?) just to keep them from sagging. My EPC is totally solid without it any plates, and I prefer the extra flexibility I get from leaving them out. Get your vest without the plates (or if they come with plates, don't sweat it) and if you feel like you need them, make some with 3-4 layers of cardboard, duct tape, and a utility knife. I've made three or four and it goes pretty quickly.

ProTip: UPS Flat Rate Boxes are available for free.

14. ld513

ld513 New Member

Cincinnati
    I can snap some pics of my Flyye CB gear tomorrow, maybe get my own shots comparing my Flyye CB vs friends Condor Khaki and Pantac CB (I think)....

15. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    Knief already has a pretty good comparison guide for all of the CB and khaki, thanks though.

16. Temeraire

Temeraire New Member

San Francisco
    I use a Flyye 6094 and I ordered a set of dummy plastic plates to put in them. They work great and really gives it structure. The fit is much better than without.

17. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    Another question, I'm looking more at khaki now, would it go well with the Emerson AOR1 or AOR2 combat shirt and pants?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  18. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It sure would. It looks good with pretty much everything.