Change my mind "shotguns"

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by adas1223, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    take note: for $35 this ROF is faster than any BASR. while achieving similar power factor/distance/accuracy

@8:47

example: AGM m186b

Wanted to share this for anyone considering a more retro way of playing and primary gun use. something different from AEG's and GBBRs and Bolt snipers. I remember my first step into the sport was a 20rd pump shotgun during a night game. addicted ever since!

a lot of people recommend "budget guns" and automatically think $120 aeg m4s. not bad! but there is something else out there for a quarter of the price.

I know there are spring pistols and bolt actions, but your hands change positions and eyes lose aim each time you cock. then we have pump actions! you maintain sight/aim, and your hand never comes off the trigger. with practice you can achieve a decent ROF (compared to snipers and spring pistols) but the market is flooded with 3rd burst shotguns. this only gets you 10 pumps before changing shells. sure it can carry decent spread and joule package, but you lose "fire power in volume".

can we appreciate a shell fed single shot pump action? stock or no stock, you can get a good rof staying on target. no batteries, no gas, and @ $40 or less, 4 shells yielding 120bbs for a load out. I picked up an AGM m3 cqb $35. decent hop up capability and @ 370fps.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Peeque and link0 like this.
  2. adas1223

stratford

3. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    I'd love to have some kind of reliable/rugged magazine fed pump action shotguns in airsoft. Pump action is by far the best and most reliable mode of power in Nerf, I don't see why it shouldn't be reliable in airsoft as well.

4. Colter Rushing

Colter Rushing New Member

Winnsboro
    It can be in breaching and cab scenarios but for field use it is not the best unless it's a gas. Spring shotguns will be good for night field setups but not day. Too visible for day unless it's a side which mostly is not ams to be a sidearm.

5. Colter Rushing

Colter Rushing New Member

Winnsboro
  6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Maruzen M1100...best shell ejecting shotty evah!

7. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    i would say that they are good EXCEPT the ones with mags are not good. would i buy a spring shotty with shells. yes, but it would have to be shorter. excuse me for being a hypocrite (which i am), but i dont like long guns (i own a dragunov. that thing is almost as tall as i am.)

FuLL-eFFekT1 likes this.
  8. adas1223

stratford
    I'd would chop that Benelli m4 in the video. But that guy could pretty well shred.

9. adas1223

stratford
    Semi auto goodness. This gun is in my scope

10. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    My first Airsoft gun was a Crosman S32P (Early version, Double Eagle M47B rebadge). Loved it. I'll never forget the time we fired a ton of pellets out of the barrel into the air above and it looked like a shower. We all cheered at how cool it was. We were ten or younger.

From my experience, clone tri-shots break down much faster than their "slug"-firing counterparts. Bit by bit, they fall apart. The handle is pretty tough to pull back, too. On the topic of breaking: First thing to likely bust is the barrel stabilizer ring, then the loading door. The death knell is a smashed up loading nozzle. Once that part is damaged by an improper pump, it's game over.

Torture videos can be found on YouTube. "Airsoft tri-shot shotgun disassembly" is the code word for them.

Spring shotguns are the only ones I have experience with so I can't comment on anything else. I've never broke a "slugger". Other springers aren't usually so tough. Parts and spare magazines are common, and cheap.

That's all I've got, cheers.

adas1223 likes this.
  11. adas1223

stratford
    Fair point. It is a clone but not sure of it's durability as of now. picked up the $35 shorty. I don't even want to try opening this thing up. It feels solid enough, and can even slam fire for quicker rof minus accuracy. You can even double load. Not sure if clone single shots are more durable than clone tri shots but I'm itching to field an ultra cheap loadout. Same excitement with running a spring pistol or spring sniper main I would think.

Printed a shockwave style grip and added fiber optic front sight. Hits spot on to 100 ft, after that the hop floats it to maybe 150ft

IMG_20191123_111801.jpg

12. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I didn't know that tri-shots could be double fed, since the pump locked back after the first load.

Clone tri-shots probably aren't more externally durable than sluggers. It's all the same cheap plastic on the outside. Internal reliability, replacement parts, and ease of disassembly is a home run from team slugger, though. The more advanced 870's from G&P and the like, the ones that use the true Maruzen system, have adjustable hop up units, too.

Double Eagle cloned it, but they changed a few parts in the process.

Don't bother with the newer Cybergun models. Those units are easily ID'd by seeing a button just behind the magazine. They're cost-saving prioritized junk in every way.

That club grip looks awesome by the way. Spot on.

13. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Here are all the spring, single fire shotguns that I own. I actually don't have a tri-shot at this time. They're all tons of fun. Even the laughably low-quality UKarms 688S is nice to play around with. The Cybergun Mossberg M500 is included only to be ridiculed. It came with a fake scope, but the screw holding it together broke off the threads, since you had to pull on the top part of the scope to move it back, and off the replica. Shame on you, M500!

My favorite is the Smith and Wesson M3000, but the Crosman Voodoo is essentially the same. The only difference I've noticed is the tactical stock, and the Crosman's magazine release button isn't textured. All the external materials are identical as far as I know. That's to say nothing of the guts.

Also, there's something fantastically rare in this image. I feel like teasing you though, so I won't tell for some time. :cool:

20191208_201856.jpg
    [​IMG]

yrutimid likes this.
  14. adas1223

stratford
    Nice collection. I like the shorties with stock. Makes pumping action easier while staying on target. Your second image is not working though. Kinda curious

15. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    It's the same image. I was experimenting with methods of inserting a full image.

The full stock ones are nice, except for the S&T at the top left. The steel stock is just ridiculously heavy and shifts the balance to the front and middle. If I ever get another Maruzen-system shotgun, it's going to be a G&P Police Magnum. The pot metal quality and surface finishes on the A&K and S&T's are awful.

16. adas1223

stratford
    my dude wrecking with the shockwave style trishot

a stock would make pumping more efficient yes, but just the quickness and form factor make this compete with gas pistols IMO.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    link0 and yrutimid like this.
  17. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Maruzen M1100....my precioous...

Chow and adas1223 like this.
  18. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    My arms get destroyed by fast shooting the air-cocking tri-shots. I need a stock to be able to use one for any length of time. The gas powered ones, it would be usable provided, the trigger isn't too rough.

adas1223 likes this.
  19. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Would you happen to know if your system is the same one rebranded by Daisy as the 'Remington 870"?

[​IMG]

adas1223 likes this.
  20. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Looking at how this one works and the way the shells are built with the huge collar on the brass...definitely not.

adas1223 likes this.