Charger confusion

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by slipknot2302, Jul 24, 2012.

1. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Hi, I am wondering what the output of my charger is. Also, is this a smart charger? I doubt it because it came with my G&G gun. Thanks. Is the output 500 or 800 Ma? It says the input is 800, but current is 500.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Picture? When I bought my G&G top tech it came with a smart charger.

3. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

There you go. (20 characters)

Attached Files:

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    The output current is 500 mA

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    That looks like a smart charger to me. I'm guessing your gun came with a 9.6 NiMH battery? This charger should be just fine.

6. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Do you know the output? The input says 800 Ma but current is 500 Ma. And yes a 9.6 Nimh

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Sparky does ^^^

That charger will work just fine for your battery no worries. Just don't buy a LiPO and use that because you will risk blowing your house up.

8. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

As is wisely stated in the signature of someone on this site, "lipos are made of lithium not plutonium" :p

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Perhaps explosion wasn't the right way to describe it. It would how ever burn the house down if not used properly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcpANRFrI4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Maybe the guy went a bit overkill with the "worlds most dangerous battery" thing but LiPO's need the proper battery charger for reasons like this.

OP my point here is don't charge LiPO batteries with that type of charger if in the future you choose to get a LiPO battery for your gun.

10. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Guys, all I'm trying to find out is what my output of Ma is. It says I input 800 Mah, but current is 500 Ma.

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Sparky has already said its 500 ma as your output!!!

12. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Sorry it didn't refresh the thread. Thanks a lot guys, I'm doing a game tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Good stuff man. Enjoy your game tomorrow.

14. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    That was a very interesting video. I'm glad you put that on here so people know what these batteries can actually turn into if you charge them over night.