Cheap 11.1v 15c LiPo battery that wont blow up?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by EagleEye, Dec 29, 2012.

1. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Hey everyone, I just got a new KWA LiPo ready M4. I cant put any LiPo in it with over 15c discharge rate according to KWA though. I want to know what to buy (I am very new to LiPoly batteries and its confusing!) but I don't want to spend 50 bucks. I want to get a cheap one that will not blow up. Even if you can tell me which brands are best and which to stay away from i would be thrilled!

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I recommend you get the highest capacity and discharge 7,4v li-po that you can fit in the gun. The fact that KWA has an upper limit on discharge rate both shows how little they know about li-po's and also that their AEG's can't really handle an 11,1v li-po. A 7,4v li-po is safe for any AEG really.

3. NBKAirsoftleader

NBKAirsoftleader New Member

Louisville
    if you are talking about the new cqr mod1/mod2, then i have the same gun, it says to put on up to 11.1 lipo battery, there is one up on airsplat for about 30$ and has 1600 mah, i prefer 2200 mah but 1600 is better than alot

4. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Ya. I have the mod2. Good gun. Should I really be scared of a 20c discharge rate?

5. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Go to Hobbyking.com>USA/Canada warehouse>lipo batteries>airsoft>and choose a 2s battery of your choosing.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If the gun was truly built to be used with an 11,1v li-po, there would be a recommended MINIMUM discharge rate, and not a recommended maximum discharge rate.

7. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I agree, get a 7.4, and go crazy with it. NorTech has made some really good points and he knows what he's talking about. Honestly if you need to be asking, you shouldn't be using an 11.1 yet

8. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Ok. thanks. im goanna get a 7.4v 20c lipo. thats fine, right? Im very new to LiPos and some idiot at a war put a 14.8v in his LPEG and it literallly blew up, which made me cautious but not scared. thanks for the help.

9. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    If you are looking for a 7.4v lipo that will fit in the KWA crane stock, check out the Gens Ace batteries at HobbyPatz.com. http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-20c-1800-2s1p-2222.html

10. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

I don't have a crane stock, it goes in the handguard.

11. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    It will fit in the handguard as well. It is a small form factor brick battery. They have larger sized batteries with higher Mah rating as well. They are all about $15 or less. i've been using their 11.1v lipos for about 8 months now. They have been very reliable.

12. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

Wait, who's 11.1s? Where the heck did you find a 7.4v LiPo for 15 bucks?! That would be great!

13. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Hobbyking. Airsoft places rip you off, they sell you meh quality lipos for twice what they should be charging. At hobbyking you can get a good quality 7.4 for $15 or a good 11.1 for 20(although I would recommend you go with the 7.4 unless you tune and upgrade). Get something like a 30-40c 7.4 and you will get the power you need without screwing up your new gun.

14. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
  15. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Hobbypartz.com. Here is the link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/geacebaforai.html Click on the batteries tab on the left and scroll down to the "Gens Ace Airsoft" tab.

16. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Order from hobbyking's USA warehouses and I would go with Turnigy nanotechnology LiPo's. they have been serving me well from years. Just make sure you have deans on hand to swap the connectors.

17. EagleEye

EagleEye New Member

OK guys, thanks. surfer7898 said they have to swap connectors? That means you have to tell them to put a Taimya on it, right?

18. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I mean you have to buy the battery and either put DEANS on yourself or find someone who can. Stop using taimaya connectors NOW if you plan on using high discharge battery's because the will not handle it for long.

19. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  20. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    High discharge LiPo's like the one he plans on getting should have deans on the regardless if the voltage. You can order 5 sets for around a dollar from that website and I would advise doing so. When those taimaya connectors decide to fail shorting the LiPo for a long period of time the LiPo will produce hydrogen gas (H2) which is highly flammable and you will have a literal Hindenburg in your gun. That is why he should switch to deans. Also the discharge rates and mah on most of those batteries combined make them not much of an upgrade from a high amp 9.6.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012