Cheap good gbbr

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by alek9952, Oct 15, 2012.

1. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

I have been looking to invest in a new airsoft rifle/ submachine gun i was wondering what would be a good gbbr that is under $150

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    You cannot combine the words Cheap, GBBR, and Good all in the same sentence. The universe will not allow it.

On the other hand, KWA makes excellent sub machine guns/machine pistols like the KWA MP7 or MP9. These are the best options for your price range.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

3. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

Okay
    That kind of ruined my day but how about a decent gbbr

Attached Files:

4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I would look into G&G, I heard they got great gas guns.

5. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    GBBR to be good is going to be expensive. WE even decent will break faster than an AEG and then you will need to drop $$$ on it. Look at the WE G36c. Also mags for GBBRs run from $30-50 for gas guns btw. Also the KWA SMGs like Jake said are probably a good bet too.

6. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

How about the g&g cm16 raider

7. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Fyzix, this is a GBBR discussion.

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    For your price range, like everyone else said, this isn't going to happen. Right now I'm working on procuring a WE416, and even that is going to be expensive. The mag's are 40 bucks a pop, and I'm going to put them in EMAG shells, which will jack the price up further. Add in the internal overhaul and you're pushing $2000 dollars. GBBRs are NOT cheap. This is the exact reason I'm going to run a GBB MP7 by KWA for my NSW kit for a while. It's just too much money to make a GBBR compete with the AEGs on the market.

9. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

True stuff Archer.
    Right now I run a KWA MP9 with my GHK PDW just because owning 2 regular GBB rifles is too expensive.
    Even if you happen to get a cheap, used GBBR, you'll still need at least $150 for mags.
    Moral of the story: don't even try to get a GBBR until you have at least $350, preferably $450+.

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Also, don't even think about upgrading it unless you have a knowledge or history of working on real firearms as they run off a similiar mechanism. I've been working on/cleaning real firearms for my whole life. I plan on being a gunsmith/armorer in the Army. Anyways, to add to my point further.

I'm going to talk about WE GBBs, now. First off, WE gbbs internals are shoddy at best. They're made from some relatively weak metals, although their design is AMAZING. Seriously, their design is awesome. The only thing that hinders them is crappy materials. Especially their M4 line. They can take real steel parts all over the place including the charging handle. The stock charging handle tends to break, and as there is no aftermarket handles out there anymore, you have to resort to real steel parts. Externally, the guns can take real steel front ends, real receivers and everything. They also take real steel buffers as well IRRC.

Point is, like swishy said, regular GBBs are EXPENSIVE. Don't take on a GBB unless you can afford the mags, upgrades and gun, which will end up being $600+ dollars all together.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  11. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Yeah, I only said $350-$450 because you can get a decent GBBR with some mags within that price range (KWA MP9, KWA MP7, GHK PDW, WE G36c, KJW 10-22, etc.); but if you want an M4, AK or any other larger GBBR, then $600 is definitely a bottom line once you consider upgrades, mags, the gun itself, and any replacements parts you may happen to need.

12. Deacon

Deacon New Member

KJW M4. Best out of box gun on the market. The only downside to it is finding magazines in stock.

As others have said though, there is no such thing as a cheap GBBR.

13. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

Mags are typically in stock at Airsplat.

14. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

Here is the problem i really like to airsoft its just im thirteen and im strugling to make any money at all my family isnt very wealthy, like many people i know so right now all i have is $140

15. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Why not stick to AEGs then? Aegs for 140 that are good aren't too hard to find.

16. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

It's the same with many people. For me, I get most of my airsoft stuff from working for neighbors.
    If you really only have $140, then just stick to AEGs. The last thing you want to do is buy a gun then not be able to upgrade it\get mags for it.

17. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    The only sort of GBBR you could find in your range would be a used KWA MP9 or MP7, you could always get a KWA Mac11 and purchase the barrel extension for it, which would put you at about $150ish and give you a mediocre primary at best.

18. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    With your limited budget, it will be impossible to buy a GBBR that isn't shot to hell. If I were you I would listen to what everyone is telling you and just stick to AEG's. They are much cheaper, more reliable and all you have to do is charge a battery and buy BBs. With a GBBR you will be continually buying green gas or propane. The propane adapter is $20+. Most GBBR magazines are upwards of $40 each and hold only 40 rounds or so. Meaning you will need at least 5 magazines on you at a minimum. Only low cap mags in the world of gas guns unless you're baller and go Polarstar. And we know that's not going to happen at your age. I recently purchased my first GBBR. The gun was $500, I bought 5 magazines that were $63 each. That's the cost of a good GBBR.

19. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    smgs and gbbrs new are way out of your budget. even used.

ever consider a pistol carbine kit? glock stocks > AABB CAA kits > M93r with stock

btw i have one for sale :p