cheap magnified optic

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Alexp08, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Alexp08

Alexp08 New Member

Cresaptown
    Im one of those players that is on a very tight budget. So im trying to look for a magnified optic. Can anyone recommend something like a acog or reddot that is magnified around the 20$ range? thanks.
    It doesnt have to have a crazy magnification,(2x,3x maybe even 4x)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I don't think you'll find anything worth having in that range. What I'd do at your price point is mount binoculars to your gun, chop off one side of them, and color a red dot in the middle with some paint.

3. Alexp08

Alexp08 New Member

Cresaptown
    what price range would i be looking at?

4. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

I'm not exactly sure, but nice red dots start around $50, and even that's pretty low, so I'd assume you'd be looking at more for a magnified one. You're probably looking for something like an ACOG I assume?

5. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    This is the greatest thing I've ever read. But the whole time I'm like.... uh huh.... yep.... I mean yea.... and a lil electric tape and blam.... diy mods are my favorite part of airsoft. I might have to do this just to do this.

6. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

It sounds really stupid but it would actually work okay if you got the dot centered. Still stupid, but it'd work.

7. yakantosh

yakantosh New Member

The only thing worthwhile you are going to find in that price range is going to be a used .22 scope. Its not a red dot or acog, but it will stay centered better than anything new for under $20.

8. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Amazon. Take a chance on a cheapie. It's airsoft. So far I've gotten 2 that I took chances on. A Fakeog from China for $50 which took forever to ship, but is absolutely awesome and a HUGE 6x24 scope with sunshade and crappy rings for $60. Which is also awesome. But yea. $20. Save a few more dollars.

9. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was actually able to buy a nice red dot on Amazon. I purchased a 1X40 zoom for $24. I'll send you a link if your interested. It's full metal and comes with batteries

10. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Tell us how it is! I've gotten a few cheapy scopes and wasn't super impressed, this one could be different.

11. ma_airsoft

I'll send pictures later, in school right now. So far it works great and I have no regrets!

12. ma_airsoft

ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1434129328.409161.jpg

It's got 5 different brightness levels for both red and green. It's adjustable for both wind age and elevation. It came with a battery, and is full metal.

13. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    Can you clearly see the dot when using it outside in full daylight? That's the largest complaint with cheap red dots.

14. ma_airsoft

Yes, usually with it on low brightness levels too

15. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away