Chem lights uses?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by THE_ELIMANATOR, Nov 6, 2012.

1. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Are there any other uses for chemlights other than marking cleared rooms? Just trying to find out if I should buy some or not.

2. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

My team uses them to identify friendly in dark rooms. Keep them hung down our back so when we're going down a hallway we know our positions.

3. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Personally, I always keep some for night games. When you are exiting the play area, be it hit, or just done, a yellow or green chemlight is a good tool to have so you can mark yourself out. I personally keep one in my admin pouch for nigh games so I don't get lit up, or as to identify myself as a cameraman. They are also a good spawn marker for night games.

4. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    They're used for IFF and as a replacement for dead rags at night.

Eidt: sniped

5. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    During night games, place them in MOLLE webbing on the back of vests/plate carriers. This way you can identitfy teammates easily Your teammates *should* be facing towards the enemy so the chemlights shouldn't be visible by enemy forces. This is best suited for CQB as targets need to be identified instantly

6. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Dancing at Rave Parties :p

But seriously here's a few:

• Different types of signals to your team
    • Throw to mark hostile location/direction
    • color coded on rear of helmets to identify units and leaders
    • makeshift emergency flashlight
    • Mark perimiters / avenus of approach to see inbound OpFor/BluFor
    • Throw the 5-minute Ultra-High Intensity ones to blind OpFor
    • Mark the latrine

You can always tape a portion of the chem light up to limit the emitted light as well. Which is ideal for backs/helmets. Make like 1/8" only visible.

7. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Ok thats very helpfull do you all have any sugestions for good chem lights and the prices for them.

8. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    I know this is pretty bad, but I usually get the battery operated ones you can find at checkout lines at many Krogers. They run about $5 a piece, have the same lighting as a glowstick, come in different colors, and have built in flashlights. Reusable, work the same, ergo cheaper. Give me a second to find a link.

Edit: here ya go: http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-FGLO3BUBP-3-In-1-Flashlight-Stick/dp/B003YHH41Y

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  9. Derion

Derion New Member

Moscow
    We use chemlights in Full-Day games/night games.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    I use them at night as a flashlight, and I get them from Wally world