Chest rig

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by fruyoops, Nov 11, 2012.

1. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

I'm thinking of getting rid of my tactical vest and putting my pouches, and pistol on a belt. It seems that this would fit me well and I would like it, but I want some advice on if this would run well.

2. sparta

sparta New Member

I don't really care for chest rigs..... Some people love them, others hate them. I'm kinda in the middle..... I have nothing agains chest rigs. I don't use one, I only use a side bag and pistol belt. The belt has: holster, pistol mag x2, speed reloader x2, and a small container of ammo (for speed reloader). Side bag: ammo, rifle mags x2, more ammo (I need more mags), "luck charm" from girlfriend.

3. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Sweet! Does that work well for you?

4. sparta

sparta New Member

I haven't had any problems with it. I carry about 5,000 bb's in my side bag. You don't need and exceptionally big side bag either. Mine is 8x8x3 inches.

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Sounds like your looking for a battle belt rather than a chest rig. A rigger's belts would be something else to look into. It doesn't have the PALS of a battle belt, but it is tall enough to loop pouches over.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I think what 1badweasel is looking for is a duty belt. A riggers belt is a bit light for doing any real load bearing work, though a duty belt will carry a bit more. If you're looking to use a belt as your primary load carrying rig, however, you'd want a battle belt and suspenders. They're usually padded and have PALS webbing, giving you a bit more comfort and some real carrying capacity.