Choosing Between KWA LM4 and G&P MAGPUL M4

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by RLA, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RLA

RLA New Member

I have a bit of a problem choosing between which gun to buy and invest in.

Link to KWA:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10538

Link to G&P:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gu...ensed-g-p-m4-carbine-moe-gbb-rifle-black.html

I was first considering purchasing one of the "Challenge Kits" off of evike and building a GBB myself, but despite being cheaper, that would be an incredibly challenge that I don't have the experience in to complete. I also wasn't that interested in the WOC-X series which I heard is made with aluminium internals that can break down easily. So now I am looking at buying a quality gbb and learning from there. I've heard a lot of good things about both.

Some things I know:
    • The KWA mags are better built for cold weather or firing with the gun slightly tilted.
    • G&P is WA, WE, and KA compatible so wide selection of parts?
    • Not to mention my friend seems to think that KWA is the best ever

And since I was worried about the WOC-X series, this alarmed me when reading about the KWA LM4 on airsoftGI's website:

Whereas, the G&P Magpul MOE says this about their gun:

So I am a little confused. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the differences between the two guns, provide their opinion on what one is better and in the process help me decide.

Thank you.

2. RLA

RLA New Member

Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just saw the "Choosing Your Gun" subforum after posting this. If it needs to be moved there, then please do as necessary.

I was looking for expert insight from the gbb users here.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you want to be able to upgrade or find replacement parts that could be better, the G&P is the way to go. On the G&P WOC-X platform, most of the internals are made from aluminum. It's basically G&P's line of "sportline" GBBRs.

The KWA LM4 is a good choice for out of the box usability. It should perform well and a lot of engineering went into it. I'm not sure on it's durability, but it has a very nice gas system.

4. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    well, KWA doesn't really need upgrades beyond barrel, hop up, buffer, buffer lock, and some DIY mods. i personally love my KWA lm4 and if you decide on it ill be happy to help with any questions you have.

5. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    G&P does have a better aftermarket, and magazine choices.

I have the WOC-X, and the trigger, bolt assembly, catch, mag release, charging handle broke.

I say go with the LM4. the gas system is super efficient, and the internals are robust.

6. FSTK

FSTK Member

If it's anything like the KWA vs. TM debates then it comes down to potential.

LM4 costs less but you get more performance OTB. Being able to easily source repair parts directly from KWA is priceless to the typical airsmith.
    Anything WA-System requires upgrades to become decent performers, but has the potential to outperform an LM4 but costs considerably more too.

If this was my first GBBR and it was my choice: I'd go with the LM4 for practice then when my tech skills improves, then I would graduate to a WA-system M4.

7. RLA

RLA New Member

Thank you for the replies everyone. Much appreciated.

I think I will go with LM4.