Civil War muskets

Discussion in 'California Airsoft Forum' started by hitshot1, Oct 29, 2012.

1. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    ok, this is a pic of the toy musket that i hope to outfit with a springer firing system, for use in my proposed Civil War games.
    [​IMG]

2. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    wow, TYSON. that's what i'm looking to get, buuuut that price tag is a little too cost-prohibitive for my budget. that's why i'm trying to find someone to be able to stick a springer system, into the replicas that i posted the pic from.

3. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    That's the problem with specialty guns. The market is just not there for them. And their cost is close to that of a real gun. I had about the same amount of luck trying to get an M1 garand. For what the airsoft version cost, I could have bought the real thing.

4. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I actually just might have to buy this..... I wonder if it can take upgrades? 244 FPS is way too low for what I'd be using it for.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What would you be using it for? How does this work? Do you load a bb per shot?

6. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

That type of rifle would qualify as a sniper rifle at my field, so it would need to be 400+ FPS, and accurate to at least 150 feet. But man would everyone crap their pants hen I pull that out of the car. Unfortunately, from what I understand KTW is a rather proprietary company.

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Ya, that's the problem. PROPRIETARY to the max. I checked out some videos on it awhile back and it didn't seem upgradeable, but at least it had some nice externals.

You could just roll up with a couple of these though....

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Spring_Guns_KTW_KTW_Flintlock_Pistol_Air_Gun.htm

8. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    well, i'm still looking for any possible help, with the technical details of my project.

9. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    It's going to be hard to help you with that.. Do you have any possible ideas for it?

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
  11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you already have the toy rifle, start with the barrel. you need to either find a suitable replacement for it, possible a sniper barrel maybe an L96, or hollow out that one and install an inner barrel. The next step would be the hardest. you need to find a way to add a hopup unit to the gun and get the hammer mechanism to act as the "bolt" precocking mechanism. that would be done with springs and gears with the trigger being the gear lock until you pull it.

12. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    that's what i'm going to get a springer gun for, to use it's firing system, and hopefully make it compatible, with the dimensions of the musket. also, i haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

13. Dominus

Dominus New Member

Bristol
    Ehh, It's ok. I guess it COULD work... Maybe...

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

So where are you going to put the spring?

15. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    personally, i would try to adjust for the pull-range of the built-in firing hammers.

16. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Ohmahgherd. Reported.

17. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    How do i report him?

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

It is right under the quote button.

19. hitshot1

hitshot1 Member

Fresno
    who is this person, that's pulling this attention-getting stunt?