Civilian drones in airsoft?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Rainbow, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    One thing is, airsoft isn't always fair. One team might be full of guys with CAs, VFCs, etc and the other with Walmart crap... One team could have amazing strategy and training while the other is just a bunch of kids running around like idiots or hiding in corners.

My point is, it's not going to fair either way.

Another thing, if it was your UAS, and your $500, would you allow people to shoot at it?

2. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I wouldn't bring one if I owned it. And you can do something about the VFCs and G&Ps. Use strategy. And the thing about strategy and training that isn't unfair because that is how a good airsoft player is defined.
    I get what you are saying however I don't know how I would solve the problem.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    UAS is a tool like any other. if someone shoots out your gen3 NV, then you're out of luck and not the shooter. a player came up to me complaining that i shot out his oetech clone. i replied with, awesome, never bring equipment that you don't mind getting shot out. my NV equipment can easily be damage by direct hits at 10 feet. i have the lens protected with lexan but i wouldn't blame players for shooting it.

4. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

You can't control what people do on impulse. Hurting them afterwords (if that's what your saying) would only make things worse.
    Also I just had a epiphany, use the U.S. army fighting Muslim extremist as an example, we don't go around saying we won't use our tanks and helicopters because the extremist "don't have them". My point, if the other team wants to have an equal game they can go and make the investment themselves.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    I'm sorry but you logic makes absolutely no sense.

6. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Its a bit of an extreme example lol

7. wookie

wookie New Member

I didn't get the feel up until the last couple of posts that you guys were talking about an individual owning one and bringing it. Is everyone else on that page? If so they should expect it to be shot. Alternatively if a field owner owned it they could set rules. i.e once you take this bunker we (field owner/ appointed person) will fly it and tell you over comms or announce in some way the Information.

8. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I think you can expect to get shot at while in it but I don't thinks that it is fair. Like I said before you could just go and talk to the guy with the drone and ask him to stop first, before just destroying an investment like that.

9. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Random attempt to get back on topic! Which do you guys think is better for recon: a helicopter design (tri/quad/hex rotor) or a plane/reaper design?

10. Keegan3R3B

Keegan3R3B New Member

Blaine
    A plane. Helicopters are loud.

11. ScarGunner

ScarGunner New Member

Helicopter. With tiny little engines needed to lift a tiny drone, it'll be quiet. Also, a helicopter has the ability to hover. Which is extremly nice in a recon style situation.

12. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Since airsoft is usually played in such a small distance (reflective to what the military uses their micro UAS for), probably rotor based designs. The planes would just overfly the target, and you would have very small viewing gaps.

Also, anybody that wants to, google micro and nano UAS. Have your minds blown.

13. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Just use people as drones. Each game designate a few people to be civilians for that round.

14. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Wouldn't it kind of depend on the game
    Type though? Plane designs have more range but the rotor designs have stealth.

15. wookie

wookie New Member

I don't think it belongs on an Airsoft field period unless it is field owned so my thoughts ate skewed.