Classic Army CA M15A4 Battery upgrade question

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by HermosaBeach, Oct 10, 2012.

1. HermosaBeach

HermosaBeach New Member

Long time lurker here...
    My 4 year old Classic Army battery is almost dead... It was a 3500 Mah 9.6V.

I was looking and I saw replacements that go up to 5000 Mah...

How high can I go without causing damage to my AEG?

thanks for the input

J

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    The amount of Amper Hours does not do anything to your gun. That is an information related specifically to the battery. The Voltage is what you should look for but seeing you have a quality gun a 9.6V is great.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    mah is related to play time not abuse. larger the mah the longer your play time
    if you want a larger capacity battery get a 7.4 lipo with a larger mah rating. the 7.4 wont put any more abuse then the 9.6 but will give you better trigger response. it will also allow for a much higher mah rating in a smaller package

4. HermosaBeach

HermosaBeach New Member

Thanks for the feedback...

Should I have any concerns about too many amps cooking the wiring if I went to the 5000 Mah battery?

In a house you have 110V circuits and they have typically a 15 AMP or 20 AMP breaker

The 20 AMP circuits have heavier gauge wire to carry the extra amps

Does anyone know what would be too much?

I do not want to spend money on a battery to end up cooking the fuse or the wiring. The CA site does not offer much insight.

I have also heard mixed reviews on running LIPO in the older guns.

Is anyone here running LIPO in a classic army aeg?

Thanks again

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The motor will only draw as much current as it needs. It's not the battery that "cooks" the wires, it's the motor. Your gun should be fine with a 7.4v li-po, I would easily recommend a 7,4v li-po over an obsolete ni-mh battery. The ROF will be comparable to a large 8,4v ni-mh, but will most likely have slightly better trigger response.