Classic Army M24 questions

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by TYSONtheSNIPER, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    It's that time again for me.... I'm going to be buying another gun!!!

This time I'm extreamly interested in the classic army M24 sniper rifle.

Now I've done research and it seems like an extremely solid gun.
    So for what I know already it is APS2 compatible so upgrade parts are all over and that is nice.
    My main concerns are
    1) wheather or not all aps2 parts will fit into this gun. Will all laylax parts parts fit in as well or strictly pdi ( I ask this because on a different forum someone mentioned only pdi aps2 parts fit)
    2) I found a video about the CA m24 on YouTube (EDI1st's video actually lol) and he was saying that the triggers sears are very strong and shouldn't have a problem pulling back a 170 spring. If anyone can confirm this that would be great (not that I don't believe EDI1st but I would just like some confirmation on that one)
    3) in the same video EDI1st said that the stock hopup chamber which allows AEG cut barrels to be used was also very sturdy and doesn't really need to be replaced (again I'm looking for confirmation on this one)

And for now assuming that I don't need to replace the hopup unit and trigger assembly and assuming laylax aps2 parts work fine I'm wondering what kind of upgrade list I should go with.

I'm thinking:
    -prommy 6.03 inner barrel
    -laylax spring guide
    -laylax 170 spring
    -laylax high pressure piston and accuracy cup
    -laylax cylinder head

Please feel free to add to this if you feel that I'm absolutely missing something and also a good retailer that has all of this stuff. I'm thinking Airsoft Atlanta but others will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    kinda weird that you asked me to confirm something that I already stated LOL

Hop and trigger are CA/PDI M24 not APS-2. (Mag catch related)
    Entire cylinder assembly is APS-2 compatible however if you want to use the APS-2 cylinder, you need get the APS-2 bolt handle and cap.
    Or you can just use CA/PDI M24 cylinder.

Barrel is just AEG barrel.

Laylax Cylinder Head may or may not fit on stock cylinder.
    Like my PDI APS-2 Cylinder head doesn't fit the stock cylinder because it was designed for the PDI cylinder.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well thank you for confirming it none the less. So if I use the laylax piston and spring/spring guide setup minus the cylinder head I shouldn't have any problems? And that will work with the stock cylinder?

Oh and how do you like yours so far? Is the stock hopup unit and trigger sears still holding up?

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Piston, spring and spring guide will work fine in the stock cylinder.
    It works, that's all I really care lol
    Hop and trigger still holding fine.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Awesome!!! Although my heart was already set on buying this gun, your information made it that much better.

So with yours how accurate and far are you getting with your set up? Just curious because this thing will be my baby, and I plan on making it perform very well.

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Pretty far and accurate, at least 300ft. (Keep it in mind I have ER-hop in there.)

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Excellent, thanks again for your help its always appreciated.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well here it is, so far just the feel a quality of this gun is amazing.

ForumRunner_20120902_110115.jpg

Thinking about getting the laylax high pressure piston, prommy 6.03 inner barrel and a R-hop kit. I understand the best option would be to do the ER-hop but I don't wanna try to extend my hop window and I'm not sure about sending it to someone just yet. So I'm just gonna settle for the R-hop for now, it should still achieve a lot, right?

Also seeing as I live in Canada my gun is already chronoing at around 400 fps, I may still add a stronger spring but first I must learn how my local fields rules are.
    Later today I'm going to take everything apart and once I see how everything looks I may add more to the list.

9. Clarence

Clarence New Member

Air soft Question! CA M24 Vs. KJW M700?
    Which air soft sniper rifle is better?

The Classic Army is Spring and looks real, but KJW M700 is Gas and function realistically. Both are up graded, but I plan to play with it.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I can't really compare my self, EDI probably can. I've heard good things about the KJW, as longs as its not the take down version. Just for further help, can you list the upgrades?

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    CA M24 is closer to field ready than the KJ M700.
    Both are great.
    You'll need to drop more $$$ into the KJ M700 tho.