Classic Army Nemesis X9 Or Krytac Trident Mk2 PDW

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Maido, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Maido

Maido Member

Sacramento
    I’ve read reviews on both and both seem like a great gun so far. Which one would you guys go with?

Noob Tech likes this.
  2. OFM Wheeza

OFM Wheeza Active Member

redway
    Comparing apples to acorns I think....
    I'm far from knowledgeable on airsoft but I see a lot more bang for the buck in Krytac.

It comes pre-tuned. I'm not sure how well, but a lot of guys here I respect their opinions already seem to not have much bad to say.
    Also the internals will probably save you money if you choose to go for hi perf mods down the road.

That's only what I've got from reading so far.
    I never leave anything stock if it's not wasting money(cept for the long barrel the store dude told me I wanted. Turns out, math and hangtight say he was wrong lol)
    I went Krytac.

Maido likes this.

3. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    I'm actually considering the same question myself. I've been after the Trident PDW MKII since I got my CRB MKII. But now that I've seen the CA (and the G&G for that matter), I really like the AR 9mm platform aesthetically. And the fact that the X9 has a programmable mosfet that allows 3 & 5 round burst definitely adds value since the mosfet in the PDW serves only one purpose. To get any additional features you'd have to install a different mosfet, which translates into $$$. BUT....with the PDW, you're getting proven Krytac internals and a gun that just works right out of the box. Guess it depends on which one you feel is more comfortable in-hand and what kind of performance you're looking for. Both have range right around 200 ft and both are shooting roughly 20 rps and 350 fps so again pretty comparable in performance.

One thing I like about the X9, though, (and again on the G&G ARP 9) is the amplifier, rather than just a standard flash hider. It actually amplifies the sound of the gun, which I think is pretty freakin' sweet! Definitely not something for "covert" ops, though.

So I'm not sure which I'll end up with. I love the PDW. But I already have an M4 platform so it really wouldn't be all that different. I love the look of the X9 and it's AR 9mm styling. But I have yet to shoot one, so that would probably be the deciding factor. Just my thoughts....

Edit: Also one thing worth noting on the X9 is the battery compartment. i really like the style and placement of it compared to the PDW. Seems like it gives more options for larger batteries.

Maido likes this.
  4. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    If you are into the PDW type look, a G&G ARP556 would be a good option.

5. Maido

Maido Member

Sacramento
    I plan on not modding it much so I’m leaning more towards the krytac. Plus the nemesis is on backorder

6. Maido

Maido Member

Sacramento
    I
    I was really digging the nemesis too bc of the amplifier and battery compartment. Too bad it’s on backorder

7. angryrice87

angryrice87 New Member

Can't speak to the Classic Army gun, but I can tell you that I love my Krytac Trident MkII CRB, which is the next longest one in the series.

It's easy to use and has been reliable the entire summer I've owned it without issue. Very consistent shots with the superb out-of-box hop-up unit. I've occasionally run into double-feeding problems, but that's because I put in a weak spring. Once I changed it back to the stock spring, it performed beautifully.

Krytac is what you want if you want something very, very good right out of the box.

Maido likes this.
  8. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

N.
    If you don't want to modify anything I'd stick with Krytac. My Classic Army experience has been hit or miss. They do make good stuff in general but I've seen lacking QC. I still have 2 CA MK18's and they are good shooting guns but I feel like I'm always dicking around with a new issue. The only issues I've had out of multiple Krytac rifles were too much grease in hopup area and a cracked motor grip plate. Both very simple to take care of.

If you have to have a 9mm subgun, the CA looks like a solid option though.

Maido likes this.
  9. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    To add an update to this thread.....

I preordered the Nemesis X9 over the weekend on ASGI's anniverary deal. $10 more than the gun itself and comes with an 11.1V lipo, charger, different rail, and 6 midcaps. Supposed to be released in April so once I've got mine in-hand, I'll try to do a write-up on it. I'm pretty excited, though!

Maido likes this.
  10. Maido

Maido Member

Sacramento
    Looking forward to your review!

Wh33ler likes this.
  11. Michael Rosa

Michael Rosa Member

Califon
    I’ve gotten a classic army and I know of others who have and received a lemon. I’d pick krytac for multiple reasons (performance and quality control mainly)

Maido likes this.
  12. JordanA.S.

JordanA.S. New Member

Boston
    I got the same package! Only 150 will ever be made that style from the factory, though you could buy the standard version and just throw a urx 3 rail on it and itd be nearly identical. Also, the retail price of the gun alone when it is released is set to be $299.99 so we actually got the gun, lipo, charger, and six midcaps for LESS than the retail price of the gun ALONE. AND you and i both have 2 seperate 1 out of 150 chances to win a either a $1,000 or a $1,500 gift cards from airsoft gi!

13. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    Just an update.....the release date has been pushed back until the middle of May. Talked to GI Tactical (ASGI) and apparently the shipment got delayed making the boat ride across the pond. Obviously I'm not thrilled about it and even considered just getting my money back and grabbing a Krytac Trident PDW MKii instead. But in the end, the money's already spent and it's not killing me to wait. I wanted something different than what everyone else on the field is running and even different from what I already have. And if at any point I want the PDW, I can just buy the upper and swap it out on my CRB.

So yup....still waiting....

Maido likes this.
  14. JordanA.S.

JordanA.S. New Member

Boston
    Yea it was actually a may release when i ordered, i found out after that it had been pushed from an april date. I currently have a krytac mk2 pdw (love me some pdw if ya couldnt tell:) which is a fantastic gun, about to put a gate titan fet in it. Or the new brushless motor that offers similar functionality. Just really love the compact 9mm style of the nemesis x9, sweet mags too. Grabbed a drop leg smg rig to hold 5 of the 6 mags it comes with. So stoked. Prayin for that gift card top :)

Wh33ler and Maido like this.
  15. JordanA.S.

JordanA.S. New Member

Boston
    Also its cheaper by a decent bit than the krytac particularly after a battery, mags, and a charger.

16. Wh33ler

Wh33ler Active Member

Denton
    For me not really. I mean yeah it's a few dollars cheaper for the gun, but I already have everything else. I'd use the same mags (K120's) that I use w/ my CRB so that wouldn't be a factor. But I am having to buy new pouches to fit the SMG mags so there's an additional cost. And unless I'm running both guns at once, I can just use my optic (SightMark UltraShot Plus) form my CRB, too. Only other thing I need is an additional wolf sling attachment, which I might make myself with 550 cord.