Featured Classic army slr105 barrel threads

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Jdmronda9, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Can anyone tell me legitimately what the classic army slr105/ak74 uses for barrel threading. Every website i saw lists it as a 14mm negative. That being said I got the muzzle brake off, they used a **** ton of red loctite, but I got it off to find out my lct pbs1 tracer does not fit. The tracer does fit confirmed 14mm negative items like an adapter and my aap01 but I'd like to get my ak specific suppressor on a damn ak

2. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    24mm Clockwise is what’s on mine. You can get an adaptor for the threads, or buy specific suppressors.

3. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    That might be for the 74u. But its def not 24mm I have a 24mm to 14mm negative. I originally ordered the pbs1 for my lct ak12. Evike had it marked as 14mm negative. Well turns out didn't have any threads at all. Im still waiting a month later from redwolf for the lct ak12 thread adapter. But was going to put the pbs1 on my slr. It actually looks like barrel threads have some kinda sleeve over another batch of threads but I can't get it off. They used a years supply worth of red loctite on this ****

4. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I have a slr105 barrel assembly on my ak so I’m not sure about the 74u. Is the threading bigger than 14mm? I’d try getting all the stuff off the threads and see what you’re working with.

5. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    I actually figured out the issue to my own question when I found an old pdf of the aeg itself. Classic army puts an adapter. Unknown to me od but def not 24mm, with a 14mm negative thread id to hold on the 74 muzzle brake. My only issue now is this gun was cheap and I need to find a new front sight, charging handle/ bolt and a stock. The only easy part is finding the stock. For what I paid for the gun its a solid platform to work on but I need help sourcing some parts or atleast knowing what will work and what won't since classic army is essentially dead

6. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    The brake oddly attaches to the front sight not the barrel itself. The front sight kinda slides over the barrel. Im either missing a part or something because mines wicked loose. I found a lct ak74 front sight with brake but I can't get an answer or not if it will. Some sites say it is for any ak aeg where as some say nothing

7. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Would you be willing to post pics of this? Super curious to see what you're going through here.

8. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Odd. That looks like all the other ones that I've had.

9. Jdmronda9

Jdmronda9 Member

Concord
    Yeah they loctite on an adapter. I cant figure out the threads but it is in fact 14mm ccw under that adapter