Claymore or torado grenade

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by mikeshooter, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mikeshooter

mikeshooter New Member

Was trying to make some money to buy a claymore but then the tornado grenade came to my mind i love the tornado grenade I've never had one but it's pretty cool but then the I can pop the bbs in the claymore and wait for someone to come by a shoot
    What do you think

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Claymores are a waiting game. Tornados are use when you want. I rather tornados because they get used on my command and if you set up a claymore and no one comes by it sucks haha

3. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Do you play outdoor or CQB?
    Do you do MILSIM at all?

Answering these and other questions can help us help you.
    Personally if you do CQB mainly I would get the tornado grenade and if you play outdoor mainly I would say to go for the claymore. Just my $0.02

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    The way I see it a Tornado grenade will come in handy far more then a claymore will. For example, you can't really clear a room of enemies with a claymore, however a Tornado grenade should work like a charm (claymore clearing might be debatable to some, but in reality not nearly as effective as a Tornado grenade). And the Tornado grenade shoots bb's in multiple directions while the claymore only blasts them in the direction you set it.

5. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I play in a MOUT environment, and both are pretty effective there. It also depends on your play style. Do you assault? If so, go for the tornados, they are a more effective offensive weapon. If you defend, go for the claymore. It can be set up at entrances or stairwells to help keep your defensive perimeter secure.

6. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I would suggest a Grammar book. Start using at least basic punctuation (sentences are ALWAYS separated by either a comma or a period).

7. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    A grammar lesson is much more effective than a tornado grenade in the long run.

8. vfcfan

vfcfan New Member

I would suggest a Tornado Grenade, it's useful in many more situations than a Claymore would be.

9. kemboy100

kemboy100 New Member

Hudson
    Absolutely true, the best room clearing weapon I've ever seen.

10. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    You could always just dismiss using the tornado or claymore entirely, just level the entire building. But in all seriousness, grenade would be much more applicable in the CQB scenario.

11. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    I purchased a Tornado grenade a few months back. I absolutely hated it and sold that ish on eBay. Total weak sauce. We did some simple tests to see how effective the so called 360 degree blast radius worked. Several times we set the grenade off with me and my buddy standing less than 3' from it. I was never hit with a single BB. We performed another test on the grenade. We made a 3' tall 12" diameter cylinder of paper from a large roll of plotter paper, set the grenade off inside of it. Guess what? It didn't even bust one hole in the paper. The paper wasn't even as heavy as a piece of printer paper. IMO the Tornado is a huge waste of money. Who's going to call their hits when an almost silent grenade goes off next to them and they aren't even hit with a bb? I recommend buying a Thunder B grenade and filling it with baby powder. Makes a nice kaboom and a ploom of smoke for half the price.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  12. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

+1

Thunder B all the way. Baby powder looks bad@$$. :p

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  13. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    +2 for thunder b. The ones I have make your ears ring even outdoors and one blew up with so much force it bent the spoon. Totally 100% recommend them, I guarantee you won't expect how loud they get, lmfao

14. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    So the Tornado grenade is a "Lemon"? That's too bad... I was sort of interested in getting one. Have others had the same results?

15. Lil_Shady

I've had great results with my tornado grenades, I just like the thunder B better.

16. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    Oh ok, that's good to know. I've never had one go off near me, but I have heard that they work fairly well. Youtube videos also depict them as a good product too. Thanks.

17. blackoutarmory

blackoutarmory Member

Orange
    I think both are pretty bad

18. Lil_Shady

Mind backing that up with some experience or facts, rather than just posting what seems to be an unfounded opinion?

19. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I've never had one dropped by me, but I've heard one go off in a CQB arena which got fairly good results. Here are some video links from YouTube that I felt were fairly unbiased.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jABRFRZXB9c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gkgb2vIu7s[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0ts3EFyy8&feature=relmfu[/ame]

20. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    A while back I pranked a friend of mine with a thunder blank. He literally looked like he had seen a ghost it was so loud. And this, again, was outdoors. If you really wanna make sure people are gonna know they're out, a thunder b will most definitely do it. I can't say enough good things about them. I was skeptical of them to begin with too.