Cm030 Firing Problem

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by LightIsRight, Jun 25, 2015.

1. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    So, I got a CM030 for Christmas. It shot just fine until one day, it completely stopped working. No power, nothing. I figured that it was the battery and so I charged it up when I got home. Nope, still nothing.

When you pull the trigger with the battery inside it's exactly the same as if there is no battery. I'm pretty sure the battery works because when I plug it into the charger, the red light does come on. I have looked around, I think it might be the fuse, but nowhere have I found out where the fuse is.

Help!

2. LightIsRight

Cannon Falls

3. Snarfdog

Snarfdog New Member

It definitely sounds like an electrical problem. Look for a blown fuse first; if there isn't one, look for any damaged wiring. Also test for a short circuit. Leave the battery plugged in for a few seconds and see if anything (wires, connectors, battery, etc.) gets hot (FYI this can ruin your battery, and don't use a lipo obviously). If you have a multimeter, you can also check the voltage at the motor connectors to see if any current at all is flowing when you pull the trigger (although I doubt it considering your description). Another possible culprit is the trigger. You'll have to disassemble the gearbox though. I'm not too experienced with V3s, but V2s can have a problem where a post that holds the trigger trolley breaks, letting it slide back too far for the trigger to reengage, preventing you from firing. Does your trigger feel any different?

4. LightIsRight

Cannon Falls
    Okay, that might be helpful. The CM030 is not an AK, but a Glock AEP: sorry for not specifying that.
    I think that a blown fuse is possible, however, I don't know where the fuse is on the gun.

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

It might be the motor, it could be burnt out, I don't think your AEP will have a fuse. It's definitely sounding like a motor issue at this point.

6. LightIsRight

Cannon Falls
    Alright, thanks Major! Do you know what I could do to see if it is a
    Motor issue or not?

7. Snarfdog

Snarfdog New Member

See if current is passing through the wires when you pull the trigger. Just disconnect the wires and put the multimeter there (or another motor) and pull the trigger.