CM16 on a 11.1 LiPo

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Drekavac, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

What exactly do I need to get my gun to be able to hold up to a 11.1 lipo? I know I'd need a mosfet for sure, also deans connectors, but other than that I'm not too sure what I'd need.

2. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Well lets see, all plastic piston will strip, gears will also strip. With a mosfet this will slow down the effect of it. Motor is complete crap. It has issues taking on a M120. Get a lonex red, metal tooth piston, and some nice 16:1 Lonex gears. Wire it to rear/crane stock. Put a aimpoint on it. Replace them plastic handguards with foot long handguards. The body is pretty sturdy so its fine being polymer. Then get a M16A3 front set to accommodate the foot long rails. DIY mods, TBB(6.03), fix stock wobble and you will have you one bad butt gun.

3. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

16 gauge AWG Silicone-coated wiring is a good thing to have. It provides less resistance therefore a better trigger response. I'd also like to think 16 gauge wiring'll handle more amps too.

4. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Wouldn't I need a new cylinder for the M16A3 front?

5. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
  6. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Also, if I wanted to pull a higher spring shouldn't I go with 18:1 or higher?

7. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    18:1 would be good. 18:1 is normally stock gears. With a good enough motor you would be good with 16:1.

8. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

What gear ratios do you think I should use if I were to get a M110 spring?

9. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Which motor? I'm not a tech. So I'm sorry I don't wanna give you any wrong info. You will have to wait for a tech to reply.

10. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Well, I was thinking about the lonex red as you said in your first post.

11. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Good choice. It can take a lot. That motor is a complete boss.

12. cysko

cysko New Member

Not trying to ruin anyone's day but you don't really NEED to upgrade your internals for a lipo, I run a 7.4v 2000MaH lipo on nothing but stock parts(before I upgraded for more of a CQB weapon) I had standard 18:1 Jg gears and the stock piston had no signs of wear and tear on it. Also you don't have to have a mosfet, it's just there to help protect trigger contacts, motor, and life span of your gun. I do have deans in my gun now but stock connectors work fine.

(Also check out Alex's post)

13. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    You must have missed the part where he said '11.1v lipo'. There's quite a difference....

OP, chech out Alex's post.

14. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

15. cysko

cysko New Member

Nope, I saw the "11.1v lipo" but there really isn't a HUGE difference, Me and my friend put our lipos next to each other( My 7.4v vs His 11.1v) and the only difference was that his gun shot a little bit faster....

16. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

There's going to be a difference between a 7.4v and a 11.1v. There's a reason people compare a 7.4v to a 9.6v. If there was little difference between a 7.4v and a 11.1v, do you think there would be a 3.7 volt difference?

From my experience, you'll need a MOSFET sooner than later if you want to run a 11.1v.

17. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

I think I'm just going to keep my gun running a 9.6v. I'll just do all the essential DIY stuff like re-shim, re-grease, and correct AOE. I BARELY play Airsoft, so I'm not really looking to put too much money into it. Maybe get a new piston and piston head, but I'm not too sure.