Co2 Cartridge Loading Crooked

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by NKempf, Apr 21, 2016.

1. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    I recently bought an extended mag for my co2 gas blowback 1911. When trying to put the cartridge into the mag, the cartridge goes crooked causing all the co2 to leak out. Is there a problem with my mag? Am I putting the cartridge in wrong? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Check around the puncture valve for debris or defects.

3. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1461293320.790508.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1461293345.451660.jpg
    Would you say this puncture nozzle is misshaped?

4. Zaryk

Southern
    It is hard to tell but in the pics, to me at least, it does look a little misshaped.

5. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    Do you think it's still usable the way it is or does something need to be done to it? If there is anything that can be done

6. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    Puncture nozzle is not looking to be in good shape. I'd replace it.

Or if you need to wait a while but still want to use it.

Carefully place the powerlet on the puncture nozzle, squarely, and quickly screw down the clamp. You may loose some gas but not alot.

7. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    Is it possible to replace just the puncture valve?

8. Zaryk

Southern
    Yes it is. Not all manufacturers list them for sale, but if you call them you can usually purchase one.

9. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    I believe they sell rebuild kits for this magazine. I'm sure that would include a puncture nozzle?

10. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    Is this an Elite Force extended 1911 mag? I got one that had a misshapen base on it so that when you tightened the allen screw, the cartridge would slip off one side and it wouldn't seal properly. I was able to get it warrantied.

11. NKempf

NKempf New Member

Pawtucket
    It is an elite force extended mag. Should I send an email to their customer service department or give them a call?

12. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    I'd check. Mine was pretty obvious. Instead of a nice even bowl for the cartridge to sit on, one side was clearly deformed and the cartridge would slip off to that side when it was tightened even if I tried to hold it in place with my hand. Evike was the vendor. It took a couple of weeks, but I got a new one.