CO2 fps not reliable?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by wolf00, Sep 2, 2012.

1. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

I had my wingun revolver chronoed this evening at golden eagle airsoft, and the fps was 600 fps first shot, 500 fps second shot, then it adveraged at 540 after that, this gun is supposed to be only 420 fps, what the heck is going on and is there any way to get it lowered at home or profesionally because most feilds only allow 400 or below

2. SD1014x

SD1014x New Member

You could shoot a few dozen rounds or so beforehand, I know my WG revolver drops fps slowly with each shot. Another option might be to put something thin between the hammer and the valve (I'm not sure if that's the right part, it's the piece that's visible when the hammer is cocked back). I saw a video on YouTube recently where someone was "suppressing" their GBB this way, and it drastically cut from the range and fps. Either way, WG revolvers (and their handguns in general) shoot way too hot for most fields, and if you were subject to a random chrono while cheating this way.... Maybe you should just get a new sidearm instead

3. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

Yea, thanks for the info, i didnt know it would be way over powered also ill try the thin somthing inbetween the hammer

4. SharpShot99

SharpShot99 USMC CBRN Armed Driver Lifetime Supporter

Stamford
    A Better Idea than modifying any part of the weapon is to depress some of the CO2 in the canister. This will allow to shoot a little lower and to stabilize the FPS to a 20-30 point average.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    even if you knew it was supposed to shoot at 420 and you knew your field doesnt allow over 400 then you only have yourself to blame. Why buy it in the first place?
    The best way to do it without possible messing up the gun is by shooting or somehow getting rid of some of the co2 giving it less power or sell it and buy a new gun

6. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

Oh, i didnt buy it santa gave it too me... -3-