CO2 Sig Sauer or KWA M9?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by GoldenEagle, Nov 26, 2012.

1. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    Okay, so I don't have a primary AEG, yet. I have a Cybergun OEM'd Sig 226 but it's CO2 powered.

Being CO2 powered, it shoots REALLY hot for a sidearm. I had my friend shoot me with it, and from about 75 feet, It still left a welt. I was using G&G .23 bio BBs and I was surprised it still hit with that much force.

So, I'm seriously considering selling it, plus all my magazines, so I can buy a gas pistol that is more common. I've never been able to find a Serpa-Style holster for the 226. I only see them for M9, M1911, and Glock models, which is sufficiently annoying, especcially since I'm trying to build a Battle belt, as my Condor Plate carrier and my Condor Vest are really crappy. I haven't even fielded them yet and one of the buckles on the plate carrier is warped, and so it doesn't stay buckled. Very annoying.

All that said, I really enjoy the looks of the 1911 MEU replicas. Is KWA a safe bet here, or will I be pigeon-holed with leaky magazines?

Or Should I get a Railed M9 for MilSim?

2. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London

There are serpa P226 holsters, here's one - http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Blackhawk-CQC-SERPA-Holster-Sig-P226-p/60235.htm

If you like the P226, and are only getting rid of it because it shoots too hot, then the KJW version is great. I love mine...shoots 320ish, good kick, can take a beating and well it's a sig. Definitely recommend it.

If you want an M9, the KWA is good. I've got 3 mags for mine and none have leaked in 4 months of use, other people haven't been as lucky.

I've got no experience with M1911s, sorry...

If you have any specific questions about the KJW sig or the KWA M9, I'll try my best to answer them.

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

From what I've heard and seen, KWA has one of the worst 226's as it requires much maintenance in order to keep it running for a while. BTW, you can buy chinese clone holsters on EBay for 30.00 w/ free shipping.
    If you want a 226, TM is the way to go. It's plastic, but it's some of the most durable plastic you'll ever find. You can run the more comfortable gripped variant, the E-2(E-squared) on green gas or propane without a hiccup, but the slide WILL eventually crack, but not for a while. Also, TM makes a good MEU if you want to look at it, but if you want Mil-Sim accuracy, look around for the Western Arms old or late MEU's.
    TM P226E2:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-...as-pistol/tokyo-marui-p226-e2-gbb-pistol.html

MEU:http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&path=51&product_id=117

(BTW, they carry seigetek parts at echigoya!)

4. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    Kwa m9 ptp ns2

I've heard good things about The M9 PTP. But what about the NS2 system makes it different?

anybody have a good link to an outer barrel for that particular pistol?

5. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    i have had a used KWA ptp for about a week now (10 mags through it?) and have had nothing wrong, love it so far and haven't had a KWA fail me ever before.
    10/10 for the KWA PTP m9

6. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    hey, Valkyrie,

I Already HAVE a P226 is a KJW Manufacture OEM'd by Cybergun. so, that's not really an IF part. bonnax is helping by at least showing me there are SERPAs for a 226. If I don't have to sell off the 226 once I officially Chrono it, then I'll probably go after that holster.

The only reason I was asking is because I was considering switching for the 2 reasons of 1. it shoots super hot (seemingly) for a sidearm, and 2. I didn't think I could find a real-military looking SERPA style holster.

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Okay then, thanks for bashing me for attempting to help.

8. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    I wasn't trying to bash, but I wasn't sure if you read every line of my post, I wasn't trying to be a dick at all

9. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    As you said, you are considering switching. Valkyrie makes a good point and is trying to help you when he says the KWA M226 is not very reliable, he's advising you not to switch to a bad gun. Even if you didn't mean it, it sounds like you are bashing him...just reread before you post. Again, Valkyrie is helping you by telling you there are cheaper serpa holsters than the Blackhawk.

It is rated at 330fps on GI, which is the same as most GBB pistols. My KWA shoots more around 340 and my sig more around 310. I don't think it will be shooting super hot.

The PTP is good. I've had no problems with it after 1,500ish rounds and it is definitely built better than my KJW. Why do you want to change the outer barrel? I haven't looked into this, but my guess is you can't as it is probably only compatible with KWA barrels, and I don't think they make a metal one. The poly one is fine.

The NS2 system supposedly makes the pistol more gas efficient. I still get roughly 1.5 mags per fill, which is the same as my KJW.

10. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

I would prefer the M9, but you have to understand that all gas mags leak after usage.

11. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
  12. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    So, you're all saying the gas 226 by KWA is a bad bet? My CO2 226 functions fine, but the little cylinder used to secure the 12g CO2 cartridges into the mags are already stripping, and I've only had the gun since June, never fielded it, only used it on targets in my yard.

And Valkyrie, no hard feelings. I get impatient sometimes because of meds I'm on. I read it too quickly and was miffed, so I responded rashly.

13. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    If you are going to swap it for another 226, then either the KJW or a TM if you can find one would be your best bet. As I said before, the KJW is great.

EDIT: and if you want a KWA M9, Sophomore just listed one - http://www.airsoftsociety.com/classifieds/new-kwa-m9-ptp-ns2-4646.html

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    nonecessarilyly so. i have the KWA m9 PTP Tactical w/5 mags. 1 had a small leaking issue after about a year. a bad o-ring. another fell out my gun and sat in a horse pasture (3.5 acres) for over 6 weeks before it was found, covered in dried mud and possible horse plop. cleaned it up, forced the BBs out, cleaned it some more, put gas in and it held. loaded it with BBs and it fired like a champ. that was about 9 months ago and it still works like it's brand new. 5 mags, 1 failure in over a year and a half.

15. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    None of my KWA mags have had problems either, although they haven't seen as much use as yours. On the other hand, 3 out of 6 KJW mags had leaks withing the first 2 months - easy fix, but annoying that it was needed.

That one mag has had an impressive life...

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

That's why advise KJW users to buy TM mags. On my Glock 18C(by TM), I never had a mag leak in the three years that I've had the gun.

No hard feelings, I took that a little too harshly myself. :)

17. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I guess I need to add those to my shopping list then..

Btw, what does the 'E2' in TM P226E2 mean?

If I didn't already have my KWA, I'd jump on Sophomore's classified...

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

E2 means E-squared. It was an old Sig Sauer P226 variant only produced for a year and a half. Many had complaints about the 226 grip being too big, uncomfortable, unergonomic. So Sig re-sized the frame in to a VERY VERY comfortable grip, making the few controls more ergonomic.

19. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    So, My X-Five, which yes That's what I have, cannot be SERPA'd?

Great. I'll probably sell it off. It's probably not smart for me to be dropping all this money on airsoft anyway since I'm going back to school in january, and I can't even keep them at school. I had a summer job, but this year I had to go to radiation therapy every day and I was tired all the time. I'll probably just drop airsoft for now....

20. Spectre25

Spectre25 New Member

I have owned a KJW M9A1 (Railed M9) with green gas mags, for four years with constant use and have not had to replace Any of the seals, It has been the only gun in my inventory that has reliably worked every week... However, I cannot for the life of me, find an M9A1 Holster of any kind other then universal's, so if I were to purchase a new M9 I would get KJW's or even KWA's M92 gbb(nonRailed) just so I can use a Serpa Holster. Performance is great, I can accurately hit a head sized target from 70ft with .23, and can get almost 5 mags out of one fill of green gas.

I also have a KJW/SoftAir Sig Sauer P226, had it for almost a year now and the only complaint I had was the seals on the mag needed replaced the second day I used it. I own a realsteel P226 XTM and and aside from some airsoft differances and paint, they are Identical, even the weight... Performance wise, again I have no complaints, Im reliably hitting a head size target from 50 ft away with .23, and can get a mag and a half without refilling the green gas.

I know a few guys that run the KWA 1911 (sorry dont know specificly which one) and have had no complaints out of it...