Co2 vs. green gas

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by BwKoolG3y, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Hi, I know there are probably alot of threads on this, but i just need a quick answer. Im looking into getting a blowback pistol, but I cant decide whether I should get green gas or co2. It will be my first gas pistol, and i want blowback. My price range is under 90 dollars. Im not sure if this makes a difference but I live in new england, so I dont know if the climate will affect the gas at all. So if anyone could please let me know what would be best for an intermediate airsofter who lives in new england.
    Ok, thanks.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ok,im going to make it short and sweet hear we go,Green gas is more consistant but doesn't work in cold weather,Co2 is not consistant what so ever and in my opinion very dangerous but it works in the cold weather.Hope i helped and unless your buying used you'll have to throw in like 10$ extra to get a green gas gbb pistol.

4. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

From what I heard is that green gas puts less stress then co2 would on the internals of the pistol. Also I have no clue on the climate in New England but if it is cold there, both co2 and green gas will be affected mostly green gas though. So if you want longevity of a pistol go with green gas and if you want a pistol that uses co2 because it doesn't be affected by cold weather as much as green gas would then get the co2 blow back also it is common that you get more shots on a 12g co2 cartridge then a mag full of green gas.

5. BwKoolG3y

BwKoolG3y New Member

Oh, darn, your right. I have a bad memory. But whatever.

Ok. I think ill go with green gas. Even though its more expensive, and doesnt work in cold weather, It will most likely be easier to maintain than co2. And theres more options for green gas blowback pistol. And I will be playing mainly indoors during the winter, so the cold wont affect it. Ok, well thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    And if your playing cqb c02 is very very dangerouse!

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.