Combat City Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida Airsoft Forum' started by AirsoftimusPrime, Sep 20, 2012.

1. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Used to be my go-to field. I am now disgusted by them, this is my conversation over email with what I presume is the thing that owns the field.

Me:

Hey! I've played a while back multiple times, but haven't recently came. I have invested quite a bit into my rifle, and I'd rather not be turned down because of this particular FPS limit info.

Field Rules and Regulations
    FPS limits
    Shoothouse & sidearms 350
    field fullauto 450 & 15' min engagement distance
    support 450 & 50' min distance

Modified guns subject to field discretion

Now: All of my questions arise from this. I'm going to be honest- I CAN modify the FPS on my airsoft gun to around 440fps. Just like an AEG user CAN swap BBs for chrono to .4s. I could do this right before a CQB match if I wanted to. But I have nothing to gain from it. I tech enough to know that range from 90 fps won't make a difference, and in your shoothouse there is no reason I would need range. I run a Polarstar rig, which essentially is compressed air. It is ran through two regulators and I would like to use 440fps and 340fps with 1 fps consistency at the field and shoothouse, respectively. I take it your shoothouse isn't semi-auto only any more now that the fps limit is lowered? I will bring a magazine with .2s to chronograph.

The way to modify the FPS on a Polarstar is to

A: Lower or raise the PSI on the tank. This can only be acheived by taking the tank off my back, and then adjusting it. I'd have it inside my hydration carrier, so if the refs wanted to randomly check me I guess they could do that.

B: Increase or decrease poppet flow. I would be using poppet flow (air supplied to push BB) at maximum for my 285mm barrel. Essentially, I couldn't increase FPS using this.

I have used Combat City quite a few times, and it would be a shame to not be able to use the gun I have sunk $2,100 into (I'm 15, and worked minimum wage for this thing). I just want to know if I can still use your facility, or if due to the adjustable FPS nature of my rifle, I would be turned down and mine as well not show up.

Finally (assuming I'm not turned down for having a different style of rifle) I would like to use the chronograph to tune my FCU (the computer on the polarstar gearbox that allows for the most efficient use of air). I might take 5 or 10 minutes. Would I be allowed to use this, of course allowing anyone else to use it for a short time if required?

Thanks a billion,

Patrick

The owner:

You will not be able to use the polar star at that fps. You will only be able to use .20
    Your regulator must have the secondary lockout to ensure not adjustable.

The gun will be checked and closely watched as we have tremendous problems with the polar stars

Me: I'm sorry you've had dishonest people using Polarstars. Rest assured I will play honestly- and feel free to watch me, I like attention :p

What do you mean by secondary lockout? A zip-tie? I have 2 regulators (1 on the tank+1 on the rig).

Do you mean I will only be able to use .2g BBs on the field? Whats wrong with .28s? Any rifle shooting over 300fps benefits off heavier ammo then .2s due to being superlight. I would essentially be firing ~1.8J of power, the power supplied to propel a .2g BB at 440fps. This wouldn't cause any more pain then a .2 at 440fps, it would simply travel more slowly and more stable. Is this what you mean or was it worded wrong?

I also have another question- really just out of curiosity. What is the polarstar crowd like? I wouldn't imagine adults being dishonest- or anyone who takes the game serious enough to buy their own polarstar for that matter. are there children whose parents have literally gotten them polarstars? That's ridiculous.

To note- I'd being using the silver nozzle in a 285mm barrel. At 120 PSI (the maximum pressure for the polarstar) this will supply enough force to shoot a .2g BB right around the field limit of 450fps. I'd tune down the PSI a bit if the crowd is younger, just because I think 450 is a little hot to be shooting at 12 year olds.

The owner:

The answer is .2

That's it and it will have to be at the 400 indoor limit. No exception

I STILL don't fully understand what he means. I hope anyone who will join with me in protesting the field simply due to their horrible customer service and regulations will. I'm not expecting a big boycott, but this is ridiculous. He specifically did the opposite of elaborating when I asked him two, and in a rude way as well. How can anyone operate a business that deals with human beings like this?

Note: I understand this PROBABLY isn't in the right section, but I couldn't fit everything in the review/synopsis. Not to mention- 6 months ago (could've changed) the refs included people who would play and call others cheaters who clearly aren't, chain smoked, and made fun of kids with rentals/cheap guns. Disgusting operation.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Continuing the E-mail now, he has a chance for redemption.

Me:

So- I can only use .2s on the field, and only at a new value of 400fps? Gotcha.

Why are polarstars restricted to .2s?

The owner:

Because that's the rule.

Me:

Thanks for clearing that up! Do you like snapping the necks of bunnies? Any innocent animals, by any chance?

The owner:

Yes and squirrels.
    We also look for pots of gold at the end of rainbows

Me:

That was actually a more in-depth response then to my 5 paragraph long, well thought out response. Good job, pooksies learning words!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On my other Email:

Hey man, I have a few questions about your field.

First of all- is there a creativity section? I understand on the majority of the field you force feed airsoftGI marketing spawned information about Combat Machines and Systema down the throat of innocent children- and forcing things down the throat of innocent children seems to be your specialty!

I just want to confirm nowhere on the field there is a place to discuss the parts of an airsoft gun, polarstar or any high quality components, or anything but the master race of airsoft guns? Combat machines are very sturdily built- that's why they never have constant feeding, accuracy, jamming, and other breaking issues on the field as rentals. Don't let any Satan worshiping people like "technicians" "airsmiths" or "people who know what an R-Hop is" tell you otherwise.

Also- I didn't modify my G&G f2000- that means I can use it even though I can adjust the FPS in less then a minute with just a hex tool, right? I didn't modify it, so I can use steel BBs firing at 7J? Because that's the rule, right?

I can't wait to playing at your field! I love a good old filthy field with chain smoking referees, a stuck-up, pathetic excuse of a human being owner, and nonsensical, hardly enforced rules. That's for sure! I know people like you and me ferment in the bath of ignorance and pure voodoo knowledge about airsoft your field enforces. I can't wait to get away from this "intelligent" crap that is all over what seems like everywhere now. Kudos to you for running a really solid operation.

Sincerely,

Torgo, the gatekeeper

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

3. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    You mind telling me exactly how a polar star works...I'm a bit lost...I might email them as well because I'm on your side for this.

4. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    I'll PM you if you can text. I want to keep this thread tight. If not, just PM and basically say you can't/don't feel comfortable with it.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    polarstars can adjust their fps easily. but fn2000 can adjust theirs just as easily. it takes me less than a minute to replace my spring on the Tavor. i can also swap out my p90 gearbox with a 500 fps gearbox in less than a minute. not sure why polarstars are being singled out.

6. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I would expect the "average airsoft field owner" to give you a talk about what would happen if you adjusted the fps to shoot harder on after the chrono. He would definitely have to let you use his chrono. And like what Alex was saying, lots of guns have quick change springs etc.... So it doesn't really make a difference if you have a polarstar. You can quickly adjust fps. And bb weight doesn't make a difference in pain. Keep trying man, maybe he will change his mind. Bit of a rant, sorry.

7. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I've played at that field when I was on vacation with my Tavor and can swap springs out in less then a minute. The refs thought it was cool actually. So I don't see why you couldn't use it if I could use my tavor. (I also was not cheating I was switching from 330 to 380 Fps in the staging area)

8. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Everyone who has replied with similar opinions to mine, please voice your opinions at combatcityusa@yahoo.com

This would mean the WORLD to me, or at least use of my rifle I've dubbed "the money pit"

9. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    You should come up to Pittsburgh it's polarstar city up here. On a good day 1 out of 5 players has a polarstar out of 80 or more players.

10. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Nah, I like bragging rights :p

11. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Well at least you can use it here :p

12. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    That's the reason I use this forum. If I used ASM nobody would care about my Polarstar. I need attention!

13. champo98

champo98 New Member

um, they say no polar star as a safety issue. because there IS so many little 8-13 year old's out there that usaly have a rental or walmart gun, they need to continue in a safe enviroment. i have only ever seen 1 polar star at combat city, and they were asked to use a different gun after some bloodshed from a player. Im not trying to be an a** but i think this is immature on your part. not the owners. the owner is mostly trying to keep a safe field,, so he can continue doing buisness. simple as that. if you dont like it, drive to tampa and go to battlegrounds.

14. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    How is it immature that he wants to use something that he's payed over a thousand dollars for? If he uses it responsibly it is not and more powerful and the people using 420fps Aegs there. How would you like it if your weren't allowed to use a $200 to $300 aeg because everyone else had crossmans and lpegs?

15. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Thank you :)

What was immature about the owners argument:

-I can only use .2s (there is no logic behind this except maybe random chronos?- in that case they could easily give me the .2s, that'd be more reliable anyways).

-The way he presented his arguement. I'm 15 and I believe I can safely say I was more mature about this then him (at first at least).

By the way, it's been over $2,000 after all the accessories and things I needed to swap to an M4 platform. Depressing for minimum wage :p

16. champo98

champo98 New Member

everyone must chrono with .2s
    he is the owner, he has the right to say who can and cant play at his field, if he sees it unsafe, or whatever, he has that right.

17. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Polarstars must PLAY with .2s.

I have the right to be racist, prejudiced, or in general a horrible person to others. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it. I don't care if polarstars aren't allowed at his field. Well, I do, but if you read the logs it would show I care about the way he told me much more. Plenty of other guns can change FPS in an instant, they aren't randomly forced to use bad BBs.

When I asked him to elaborate he purposely did the opposite, apparently taking a disliking to me automatically. He's the owner of a business, and he is less mature to his customer (and potential future customer) (me) then I was to him. I'm 15 and I think it's safe to say I was much more mature at first.

18. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

May I ask the huge problem with "chain smoking" referees? Is the field no smoking? I know at FAA the staging zone is no smoking, so I wait to light up till I'm in the admin room or on the field, but I don't see the need to mention it specifically here as an issue?

19. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    He chain smokes right outside the staging area, meaning everyone is downwind of his smoke. He does not stop. The entire day. It's ridiculous, I come home with 2% more cancer on a bad day.

It's okay with me if people smoke like you (I mean, the way you worded it seems like you are curteous) but when you are someone who is supposed to be part of an operation that people go to for recreation, you probably shouldn't be chain smoking. All day. ALL. DAY.

It's an open staging area (there's another concern, random BBs flying into staging area from field 70ft away), so him being right outside the staging area means nothing. He's a foot outside the staging area which is covered partially by screen. It's not going to do anything for the smoke.

20. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah ours is a building but all the windows are gone. You can ask Fyzix, I stop of people have issues with it. I can't really chain smoke, cuz cigars aren't exactly quick to smoke, but you get my drift.