Combat Machine dust cover

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RedSofters, Oct 23, 2012.

1. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    Hey guys. i have a G&G Combat Machine M4 (nonblowback) and was thinking about buying a gas blowback conversion kit for it and everything. the only thing is, on the gun, the charging handle does not open up the dust cover, and the dust cover is held closed by a spring, so you have to manually pry it open with your nail to adjust the hopup and when you release, it closes right back up. is there a conversion kit or some mod i can do to make it so that it the charging handle functions like on a gbbr so i can have the looks of the gbbr? if that made any sense at all. if not, post and ill try to explain a little better.:confused::)

2. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I have a CM also. (Nbb). And I don't think there is any kit to help with the dust cover. You might be able to rig it yourself, but I'm pretty sure there's no kit...

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    What are you fellas talking about? My Combat Machine that I purchased in July has a functional charging handle. NBB too

4. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    does it open up the dust cover?

5. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    and if not i found a pretty good deal on a gbb and might just buy a new gun altogether

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yes............................

7. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

How long have you had your CM?? I've gotten a full year and a half without any major problems. And its still kicking... Its a pretty amazing budget gun.

8. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    yeah its not bad. ive had for around 2 months now, still great. im prob gonna upgrade it a little for field use though.

9. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Ya. Just because you probably can't make it blowback, doesn't mean you should just go out and replace it. As I said before, its an amazing gun for the price.

Now, I would definitely advise you to upgrade it for field play. Its range is ok, but not the best. But I haven't done anything internal because I've only been playing CQB lately, but I have put some new externals on that look quite... different.

10. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    yeah samee. i got a mod stock and moe handguards and a holo sight

11. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Ya. I got a new Crane stock, an Avengers M4S1 handgaurd, and a bipod-foregrip.